UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@letsgorams Almost all the partying is done in Westwood. Those neighborhoods are mostly residential.

S got off the waitlist yesterday morning. College of Letters and Science (Physics). We are all so excited!

@Haysmom Congrats! Welcome to the Bruin family.

When do we get our bruin card pictures taken? I do not have a passport photo of myself to upload anywhere

Also, can anyone in the global studies major mind giving me information about it and the rigor?

@letsgorams New here. Iā€™m undergrad at ucla. You can do it during orientation I believe over summer. They have a bruin card office where they can take your photo. I have friends who did global studies and said it was very doable. They enjoyed it and some even double majored in other majors (usually international development), so it is doable. I found some videos on youtube about ucla majors. May be helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4pb9UrgDfxZbcZpgh3wflA/videos

@larocks Thanks for the info. I was thinking of double majoring in public affairs and global studies but idk if I can graduate in 4 years if I do. So many courses ?

Has anyone lived in or had a friend live in Bayit house in Westwood?

@letsgorams Take a pic against a white wall.

@10s4life Hi! I have some question regarding to appeal. Do u mind send me a pm to me? I canā€™t send it cuz Iā€™m new to here and didnā€™t post 10 threads yet :frowning:

@baebi99 You didnā€™t come up as an option for a PM. You might need to reach the ten posts in order to receive messages. Make sure you do not list spam messages as part of the 10 as that can get your account suspended or banned for breaking the terms of service. Itā€™s pretty late and the I think the deadline to appeal is way past now.

Oh no, I turned in already ! :slight_smile: and I just canā€™t start msging first, once I get it I can reply too

@10s4life oh i forgot to tag you

@baebi99 Yes but when I went to send you a Pm your user did you pop up so I couldnā€™t send one. Is it a question you can ask on a general thread?

@10s4life took calculus 1and2 as a junior. I plan on reviewing during the summer to refresh myself of the material. I ordered ā€œforgotten calculusā€ by Barbara Bleau. I realize there are several books out there but thought Iā€™d check to see if there is one in particular you would recommend.

The whole ā€œIā€™m going to review calculus in the summerā€ thing hardly ever actually happens.

Iā€™m really confused about submitting your ap scores thing. I self reported on the application 3 ap scores when I took 4 ap courses and tests. However, I got a 2 on one of the tests and did not report it on my application. Will this matter when I send in my official ap scores? Bc I heard you have to submit all scores. Iā€™m afraid they will rescind me for not self reporting all of my test scores when they see my 2 on the official score send

@10s4life I forgot to tag you^^

@Cumpqua I donā€™t know if any cause I prefer to spend summers not doing school work. Youā€™ll be fine. Enjoy your summer before college!

@oieueyry For AP scores it doesnt really matter cause they are only used for placement and course credit.

How is cellphone coverage for T-Mobile on campus? Anybody know?

We might consider switching our son to a different provider if coverage is not good, hence the question.