UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@ngopalan Haha you’re sending your son to LA not timbuktu. All carriers work fine here. No need to switch.

Hi @10s4life and @alicantekid! My son just took the math assessment test online and placed into Math 31AL. From what we’ve read, L is a precursor to 31A. If he needs to place into 31A, he’ll need to do the practice lessons and retake the test, correct? We just want to make sure we’re interpreting everything correctly. Thanks for your help!

@jrncyn Nope it’s the same as math 31a except they offer more support for students to make sure they get it down. You’re good to go. Upon successful completion of 31al he can move on to 31b directly.

@10s4life, helpful as always! Thanks!!!

To 2024 applicants, please post all your questions in the newly released official UCLA class of 2024 discussion thread linked here: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2146624-ucla-class-of-2024-discussion.html#latest

This thread is only for members of the class of 2023. Thanks!

@10s4life a little confused about sending ap scores. when should i send in official score report? now or in july when my 2019 scores come out? i already have my ap calculus ab scores from last year so i wonder if i need to send that in asap so the counselors know what class to place me in during orientation in july?

@collegeappsznnn Now. You should’ve have selected UCLA as the school you want to send scores in when taking the AP exam if you had already committed. Your myucla portal has all the important deadlines. Please follow those

@10s4life I sent my previous scores. I did not bubble ucla when i registered for the AP exams since my school registered in april but i havent committed at that time. the scores release on 7/9/19 for me but my orientation is on the 8th. the score will include my calculus bc score which can determine what math class i take. what should i do?

@collegeappsznnn Call UCLA

@Haysmom Congrats! My S is a Physics major too. Does your son have a dorm assignment yet?

@coffee19999 Hi, do you think you could summarize your resume? Like your SAT/extracurriculars/APs/etc. I just want to get an idea of what it takes to get into UCLA as an engineering major. Thanks!

@collegeappsznnn, you can still order your May 2019 scores now, before the score release. Look at the College Information Card on the back page of your AP booklet, or read the info on the CollegeBoard AP site. Also fyi, colleges usually receive scores the day before the first official day of the score release. (This year that would be July 4, but not sure what will happen since it’s a holiday.)

@StillLotsToLearn look at this thread: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only-p1.html

Next to the page numbers is a magnifying glass. Click on it and type in “engineering.” You will be able to find the posts in that thread that mention engineering.

@lkg4answers, I think you meant to tag someone else in your post.

@StillLotsToLearn Hi thank you so much for that! i cant seem to find the info on the collegeboard website. could you perhaps attach a link? thanks!

@collegeappsznnn, I’m never sure if links are allowed, but here goes:

https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/sending-scores

Look in the FAQs under “I am entering college in the fall and my school has a mid-July deadline for AP scores for fall registration. Will I be able to get my scores to them on time to receive credit or placement?” and “I’ve heard that June score report orders aren’t processed right away. Why is that—and when will colleges get my scores if I order in June?” You should call College Board to find out the best time to order to include your May 2019 scores. It’s unclear to me whether that is before June 14 or between June 14 and July 1.

FYI, my son had to change his school choice, but he was able to do that at no charge (before June 15) with the form at the back of the AP booklet. If you had not previously indicated a school, they charge $15. Not sure why that is.

@StillLotsToLearn I did mean to tag someone else. Now I can’t find who it was that asked the question. :frowning:

@lkg4answers it was @hello9976 who asked the question you answered.

does anyone know if there is housing left for incoming freshman?

@BeCheap4me2 housing offers came out already. But no one here will know the occupancy.