UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

What day do decisions come out?

@gzza73 couldnā€™t agree more with ā€œthis college process is unpredictableā€. Thatā€™s why DS was advised to apply to all UCs. There are no real safeties, perhaps except Merced and SJSU. DS got lucky and is accepted to seven UCs so far, with regents, regents invite and honors, waiting on UCLA and UCSD. I hate to think that he is taking someone elseā€™s spot at lower UCs. But at the same time, somebody is probably taking his spot at his match/reach schools too. It just perpetuates, when will this end?

is there a possibility for both UCSD and UCLA to come out on the same day(next Friday) like last year?

Hey guys, so my family went to this ā€œget college ready programā€ at UCLA today (my brother is a sophomore in HS) and one of the presenters said that UCLA (along with UCSD) decisions are coming out this coming week! So Iā€™m assuming that means March 15th :slight_smile:

@fairadmin My S got admitted to UC Davis yesterday with these stats:

UC GPA: 4.32
SAT (1 seating): 1560
SAT 11s: Math 2 (800); Physics (800); Chem (780)
APs: Chem (5); AP Physics-C (pending); AP Calc-BC (pending); AP US Gov (pending); AP Econ (Micro) (pending)
EC: lots (including lots in music in & out of school); Pres. of a few clubs; community service
Awards: NHS; Honor roll each semester (straight As 9-12); CA Scholarship Federation: NM Commended (missed Semi-Finalist by 2 points)
**Not sure if UC Davis is a pure ā€œyieldā€ school because my son has been admitted to 4 other schools (2 other UCs) so far, some with huge scholarships; waiting for most of the decisions the next 3 weeks

@LincolnsGF Really? :smiley:
Just yesterday everyone, including me, got an email regarding the alumni scholar updates and it said they would update us on the 26th so everyone assumed the general decisions would be released on the 22nd since the alumni scholars said they start reading the apps after admissions are released and it takes 3-4 days.

hey so I just logged onto my UCLA portal and it says record not found. I remember checking maybe a month ago and I was able to view my portal. Should I be worried? Does anyone else have this issue?

@jd2001 my portal is working right now but I had this issue a while ago, and it turns out for my place of birth I needed to put the city I am currently living in instead. I would email them and try to get it figured out so you are able to access the portal when decisions come out.

@Khaverlo nvm itā€™s working now I think itā€™s because when I was copying and pasting my application id with a space in the front thanks tho!!

@10s4life Does UCLA email us if we got in on the day decisions are released?

Do you guys know if your still missing a class, can u still take it by summer or should it be done by spring?

@Arki709 I assume youā€™re a transfer applicant based on the question you asked. If so youā€™d get a better answer in this thread. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/uc-transfers/2085867-ucla-fall-2019-transfer-thread.html#latest

@letsgorams They send an email later in the evening after admissions have been released.

hey guys, what is the approximate dates we can expect the decisions to come out? Really looking forward to hearing from UCLA

@10s4life following up to the email question, so does the email contain the decision as well like UCD or is it just like other ivies where it just says thereā€™s an update and I have to go to the portal to see it?

@simon11909 Itā€™s an update. Youā€™ll get a decisions email later in the week for those that donā€™t bother to check.

are decisions being released this week? we have had the alumni scholarship people saying itā€™s the 22nd, and someone saying itā€™s the 15th because of UCLAs visit day or something so Iā€™m super confused.

Hi. Anyone know what % or # of admitted UCLA Freshmen will get offered the Regents Scholarships? I know itā€™s very competitiveā€¦just trying to understand how competitive?

Im pretty sure if UCLA decisions were this week, the discovering engineering emails would have already been sent out. Since they havenā€™t, Iā€™m still going to assume that decisions come out in the 22nd.

Although there has been speculation surrounding a March 15 release date (especially due to decisions coming during a similar time in the past two years), I believe this year will be March 22, due to the lack of communication on UCLAā€™s end regarding an upcoming release date. There is still possibility for March 15, but I would count on the 22nd.