UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@Mo11ymac thank you. UCSC does as well since some kids have been accepted awhile ago and now a lot of kids received an email saying the rest of their decisions are “coming soon” But good to know on UCI as well!

@HLT1967 Well, with UCSC they released a round of acceptances early but everyone else will find out the same day I think whereas I heard UCI decisions are spread out over a week with acceptances followed by waitlists and then rejections

@lesimpson4 @omarelabd All things mentioned for choosing a school were good but you should also look at your majors classes and ask if they are impacted. Also how many years a student can graduate in.

Is it safe to assume March 22nd as of now? I don’t want to get my hopes up on the matter! Has anyone received the emails for engineering that would point to it being friday?

@Wintdurr Yeah, I think you should assume 22nd and be happy if you receive anything before then, try to think of or do something else in the meantime to try to get your mind off of this. I know this is a very stressful time but you’ve waited for more than three months now, just a few more days.

UCLA admission Website says decisions mid March which is this Friday ?

Im honestly so nervous.

Last year there was a tweet from the UCLAAdmissions a day before the release of the admissions. So this year if the release is to be the 15th we can expect an official tweet tomorrow else its going to be next week.

I’m scared… my ACT is below what UCLA usually admits, but my GPA is pretty good… I’m OOS and very impatient hahaha

I called UCLA earlier today. They said that decisions will be released “late March”. At this point they are still reviewing apps. I asked specifically if there’s any chance that decisions will be released by the end of this week, and the person on the phone said that they highly doubt it (they explicitly said this). Most likely the 22nd then, but we’ll have to wait for this Friday to see.

disappointing

@10s4life I have a relatively low UC GPA, but my learning disability justifies it and since I have gotten my testing accommodations, my grades have shot up, especially this year. My ACT is strong, though. Is this a deal breaker?

@isabell415 It’s def not! The readers look at everything when reviewing. Best of luck!

@LincolnsGF Sometimes past years isn’t always the best indication unfortunately.

So I found information on-line about the event, but it just says By Invitation Only. Are all Engineering Majors invited to Discover Engineering? If the invitation comes out before decisions (as some seem to be saying on here) will that mean that I’m in if I get it? Thanks!

@MadiJade Yes all admitted engineers are invited and should attend if they can! It’s an awesome event and the school puts a lot of effort into making it a great time for admitted students and their families and showing them why they should call UCLA home for the greatest 4 years of your life. If you get the discover engineering invite email then yes it essentially means you are admitted.

Thank you so much for the information! I guess I have another thing to wait and see if I get now.

has anyone gotten the discover engineer email???

@PopUpZone1921 I have not.

Does anyone’s portal have their major on it? Mine once did, and now when I check, it no longer states it… ???