UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@nicholpickle really? Am i dumb, i don’t see it anywhere…

Just kidding! It’s on the second to last recent one! The one posted 3 days ago (for anyone who would like to see for themselves)

@Clone1461 UCLA always releases on Fridays, so this means it will for sure be the 22nd. However, given the state of things with the scandal it may break the precedent and they could release a different day…

Also for everyone referencing the ucla admission instagram, that account isn’t verified so it’s not an official ucla account. We’ll know for sure whether it’s tomorrow or not in the morning because in decision day youtube videos I noticed the site is usually down before they release decisions. Good luck to everyone! :slight_smile:

If my speculation is true, then it’s because of these cheaters that we’re not getting a decision on time. Damn cheaters, they don’t even deserve to go to community colleges. They should spend the rest of their lives working for McDonalds.

P.S. Also possible release of decisions during the weekends, but unlikely.

@Kierstyn thanks for pointing that out, the account isn’t even followed by the verified UCLA account so it does not seem fully legitimate. Good luck everyone! Hoping that soon really means earlier than next Friday but it is only a matter of time before we find out.

Like I said a few pages ago it’s very possible that the dates been set for a while now :wink: and it has nothing to do with majors on portals disappearing, an athletics scandal, previous years dates, lack of discover engineering emails being sent, or anything else that seems to be affecting the date of decisions. It’s been buried but post 294 is helpful. Keep beating this topic to death won’t change anything and the answer to your question of release date is prob in plain site.

Best of luck to everyone and remember when decisions do roll out the College Confidential UC Forum Champion Team asks that you contribute to the thread below for decisions and keep this thread for discussion only:
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/2129460-ucla-class-of-2023-decision-thread-stats-only.html#latest

Note other UCs have similar decisions threads set up in the respective UC Forums by @Gumbymom

When decisions are available, does UCLA email their decision, or do they notify you of a status update on you application portal?

@10s4life Once all decisions have been made, is it possible for them to be released earlier than the 22nd? Do you know if there a reason decisions are always released on Fridays?

The UCLA Admissions twitter just confirmed they were not going to be released tomorrow in their replies.

Decisions are released Friday and right when the business day closes for one very good reason:

UCLA is the most applied to school in the nation. Over 90k freshman will be denied when decisions are all released at once. You can imagine some (or their parents) will be unhappy with the decision and want to call admissions on why they didn’t get in. The weekend gives people time to process. Emails with notification a decision has been made will be sent a few hours after they’re released to keep the servers from crashing.

UCLA Admissions on Twitter just released this statement 16 minutes ago: “Hi there! We can confirm they will not be out tomorrow. We’re working on finalizing our decisions and we will have decisions out soon!” You can find this if you click on “tweets & replies”. We will DEFINITELY have to wait until next Friday, periodt.

Just letting everyone know that the UCLA admission twitter isn’t verified either.

So if ucla and ucsd usually come together, would ucsd not come tomorrow too?

My school counselor told me UCI is the most applied UC this year. Not a big deal but I was just surprised and wanted to share it here.

true but they are followed by the verified UCLA account, so it seems to check out

@Kierstyn I believe that we can likely rely on the information it puts out. I doubt a random person would be toying with its applicants. Plus, @10s4life said that next friday would be when decisions come out, back in February. I’m very sure it’ll be released next week. It sucks, and I want to believe it’ll come out tomorrow, but I doubt that’s the case.

@musiciangoaler UCLA is actually. Uci had a lot though. Verified or not those are the official accounts :slight_smile:

@10s4life :((( you told me a while ago that #294 was some small talk about possible dates when I asked you why you said get hyped 3/22/2019 ahahahahah you got me so hurt

@memelover123 I have a feeling that UCSD will come out tomorrow just because they haven’t yet released a statement saying that it will not come out tomorrow. We just have to wait until 3 PM tomorrow because there are no definite signs pointing that they will delay admissions. For now, we can assume that it will come out tomorrow based on previous trends.