UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@kierstyn

I doubt the admissions of graduate students means anything. My oldest S was admitted in early January, literally 2 wks after submitting his application for fall 2019 at UCSD.
He applied directly through the dept & was admitted through the department. I would imagine for graduate students this would be similar at all UC schools.

Heard from a TOP UC admissions officer (whose son goes to my school) and she confirmed it will be coming out Friday, 3/22! No BS y’all. Get ready to make B19 moves next week. Let’s get down and get sexy class of 2019.

@college2019bound The decision given is final there’s no distinction between a portal update and official decisions.

Where did you find these numbers?

Everyone was expecting for UCLA to release today though
 Is that not still the case?

@sexygirl19 really! when did she tell you this?

Gotcha. Does anyone else know about acceptance rates for students who recieve supplement questionaire?

@wootawoot863 That’s not info anyone is gonna have. Only the office of enrollment management knows it

Does UCLA have a tradition of notifying students that they’re releasing decisions a day / a couple hours prior?

@cuteraspberries It looks like last year they posted on their Twitter page that it was coming out

Shouldn’t discover engineering invites come out today? Bc it’s supposedly a week before admission? If so, do they come in batches?

So they’re officially not coming out today :frowning:

Discover Engineering Emails are to be released at the time of admission this year to all applicants and not prior to decisions like in years past.

@10s4life which is the 22nd right?

So I got an email saying “While your application is still being considered for admission, the Alumni Association invites you to apply for a scholarship.” and titled scholarship opportunity from ucla alumni association which I applied. Was it an invitation for the scholarship that shows that I am a top applicant? and also are the decisions confirmed to be the 22nd?

I didn’t get that email. Should I be freaking out rn lol?

@collegbound2023 No. Only a handful of people get the email.

Mine says “While your application is still being considered for admission, the Alumni Association invites you to apply for a scholarship.” Is it the good one?

@Bear23 That was the alumni scholarship email sent early last month. There is a strong correlation of recieving the email and getting in. Getting one, however, does by no means guarantee admissions. People in the past have gotten an invite only to end up rejected. Best of luck.

@letsgorams what was it based on? I have a friend who has stronger stats than me but didn’t get one.