UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@Ranipetgirl thanks! Yes I’m so cal

Have any norcal people received the postcard/seen through informed delivery?

Also @gzza73 @Ranipetgirl did you receive a regents scholarship invitation?

@Ranipetgirl yes I’m from socal

I got accepted to Davis but rejected from UCSB, does that totally eliminate my chances for UCLA? I am also OOS. My anxiety has been over the roof because of the UCSB rejection. Also I’ve been browsing YouTube for UCLA acceptances and came across Conan Gray. He gives me slight hope because I think he had a 26 ACT and got in through the waitlist! Oof I hope UCLA highly considers my essays.

No. My dd not receive anything from UCLA.

@medstu1324 I’m going through exactly the same thing… was accepted to davis but rejected to ucsb and I’m oos too I’m american but I live in egypt so not sure how that affects my chances. I think we still have a good chance to get in ucla or at least I hope so. Good luck to us both!

The end of this week is going to be absolutely brutal. The majority of my “elite” colleges are coming out all at once, mainly this Friday. Can’t wait for all my FaT rejections that will crush me for the rest of the year and probably the rest of my life. Thankfully I’ll hear from all of them during spring break so that I don’t have to face it during a school week. Thankful for everything at the moment, but deep down inside I have a pit of unsatisfaction.

Is getting the discover engineering mail more similar to a likely letter (accepted unless grades tank or arrested) or getting the regents invite email (likely to be accepted but not for sure)?

You need to have more faith that whatever opportunities you get will be where you as a person can achieve the best . @medstu1324 I’ll be receiving most of the college decisions during my senior trip to Italy I’m very worried that any rejections affect my mood and everything. I’d be very thankful if anyone gives me some advice.

we are doing our very best to focus on the confirmed acceptances…three solid options so far…letting any type of ranking go…if he applied to a school then he was/is interested in attending. Yes we are anxiously awaiting some decisions and anticipating some rejections but I am so happy with the options that he KNOWS he has so far. the school HE chooses from the pile of YES will be his dream school.

Don’t give up! My daughter got regents at Berkeley two years ago and didn’t get in at UCLA. My other daughter got turned down by UCSB last year and got in to UCLA! Good luck.

Is this week just crawling by for anyone else? Can’t it be Friday yet? Good luck to everyone!

@10s4life Can we assume, if we applied to the school of engineering, but do not receive the discover engineering postcard, that we will not be admitted to the school of engineering? Since it is 2 days before decisions are released, why would UCLA not send postcards to ALL admits? I believe in past years the discover engineering email was not sent to all admits, however, the timeline was different (with more time between the discover engineering email and the decision date). Thank you.

@glitchyintegral no regents invite. Still wondering about that

hey everyone! so im a south asian female, in-state, above 4 ucgpa (no idea what it is though), 35 act, 800 math 2, taking differential calculus (5th sem college math or something) at my local cc. i’ve had health problems that lead to weird dips in my grades but my junior year was perfect and i also received the additional info supplement from ucla, and i also had the highest course rigor i could take. do you guys think i might have a chance to get accepted to applied math? i’ve already been accepted to SC, SB, and Davis, and ik there’s some belief that if you get accepted to all or most mid-tier UCs you may be accepted to top 2 but i dont know. UCLA is my dream school so all comments are appreciated! thank you!

@glasshalffull123 Nothing is final until you open your decision on Friday. Best of luck!

@summeramaranth For L&S you’re admitted to the college not major.

If you receive the Discover Engineering mail, does that mean that you got accepted?!

@naturelover757 The consensus seems to be yes.

@10s4life I’m in NorCal, got the regents invite but no discover engineering postcard in the mail today. Were they meant to be received by all engineering admits on the same day?