UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@10s4life Were the Discover Engineering postcards supposed to be released today? Does receiving the mails imply anything in terms of decisions? Does the name or address it was mailed to accurate?

It’s tough waiting everyone but please stay patient. Friday 5pm is coming up very soon!

Please help most of applicants avoiding nervous breakdown by not posting your lucky early acceptance until the big day comes.

But there is no official early acceptance for UCLA?

@appnaynay01 i got a discover ucla as well but the address on the postcard was correct but the name (where my name should have been) had a random person’s name. did the same thing happen to you because im super confused haha

@thatstheteaaa Someone from Reddit claims they called the Office of Student Affairs, which said that if you got a postcard to your address with a different name it’s meant for you. Are you from SoCal?

I am from NoCal and I haven’t got any discover engineering postcard. Should I be freaking out now? (I received the alumni scholarship invitation though)

@glitchyintegral yes i am! thank you sm i feel relieved:))

@WilliamCollege I’m also from NorCal, got regents invite, but not the postcard. Maybe it was just SoCal today.

@glitchyintegral did you apply for engineering? also doesn’t regent invite mean you are in?

Does UCLA look at the major that you chose when deciding who to admit? I feel like I screwed myself over because I chose biology which is a pretty popular major (I am assuming)…

@medstu1324 for majors in the college of Letters and Science Major is not considered. Everyone is admitted undeclared with a pre major to help you choose classes at orientation.

@10s4life okay thank you!

UCLA change portal status now, it is unavailable until Friday evening. This means that we will get confirmation that day?
https://www.admission.ucla.edu/myApplication/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fMyApplication

Hello to everyone just joining in,
UCLA has confirmed that decisions will come out Friday, 3/22/19 at or after 5pm. The portal will be down until then. Expect to check around 5:45 onwards to avoid having your portal crash. Emails saying there is an update will land Friday evening to Saturday morning. Important announcements regarding posting decisions on CC will be posted Friday afternoon as well as a basic FAQ about next steps for admitted, waitlisted, and rejected students. This discussion thread will be temporarily closed from commenting from the time of that instruction post to about 5:15PM so the post won’t get bumped up. It will reopen around that time. For those of you still worried about your chances, at this point my best advice is to just relax as decisions have been made already and only looking for yourself will you find an accurate answer. Best of luck come Friday!

-10s4life

Is there anyone here who has received a discover engineering postcard in NoCal?

did anyone get the post card for the computer science and engineering major? i am from socal and thought i had a good shot, but i didnt get the post card today. doesnt feel too good, lol

I got one and I applied for computer science and engineering. Socal here too

The MyApplication Status site is currently unavailable. We expect to be back up Friday evening.
Sincerely,
UCLA Undergraduate Admission

The above message is from the Status site. Friday is the day!

@WilliamCollege I’m from the Bay Area, got the postcard today.