UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@sj2020 I’m pretty sure it’s 5pm PST. UCSD is 3pm PST. I have the same message. Pretty sure everyone does. Good luck!

@MadiJade Thanks!

I’m from East Coast and I got the engineering discover postcard today with the wrong name. I looked up the person on facebook and they were from San Fran Bay Area. What the?

That person was also in 12th grade, graduating this year

@Collegewannabe01 I am reading posts that these postcards are a prank. If you got one with a different name, you got punked.

@college2019bound Take everything you read online with a grain of salt. Who’s it from? Other applicants aren’t always the best source for info. Just saying…as UCLA is not in the biz of punking applicants.

So I just got the postcard but not my name but my address. Anyone know what that means? do you have any information on if it is for me or not? @10s4life

@WilliamCollege I can’t and won’t comment on postcards. You’ll find out soon enough on Friday. Good luck!

So I just called UCLA and found out that the postcard was indeed for me. Can you at least please comment on if the postcards are good sign like last year’s invite emails? @10s4life

@WilliamsCollege did UCLA say why the name on the postcard wasn’t your name?

@naturelover757 they said it was an error with the mail service. Also did you receive one? Is there anyone who hasn’t received it but lives in California near LA and applying for engineering?

@WilliamCollege yes, I did receive one. I live in SoCal

Reminder important announcements will be posted on this thread at 2pm tomorrow. This thread will be closed temporarily from 2pm-5:15pm on Friday.

why will the thread be closed?

@rshrawg Because it’s gonna be an important faq on decisions rolling out. In addition it will have instructions on posting rules following decisions so it’s as organized as possible. The instructions and faq will get bumped up and I’ll be repeating myself. It will reopen at 5:15. On Friday you’ll wanna just relax and not go on CC all day. Trust me stressing won’t be worth it. I was in all of your shoes not too long ago.

@10s4life hopefully we are “in your shoes” w acceptances too! lol

@SacramentoSusan
When you say “turned down” do you mean not in at all or waitlisted?

@10s4life LOL. Well intentioned, but my guess is someone will just start another thread for that time period. The “UCLA decision day 2pm to 5:15 pm” thread.

@MrRobot2018 haha go for it. the main thing is the main one is closed

Decisions are coming out at 8 pm EST right?