UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@10s4life you said important announcement tmw at 2pm… where? Here on CC or on our portals?

@happypeasinapod Here on cc.

i’m so sososososoooooo beyond nervous i could throw up

hi everyone! I started a new thread for when this forum is closed from 2-5:15, feel free to get anxious there when this discussion is closed :slight_smile:

@10s4life Is this the first year that you are closing the thread for an announcement or has it been done in years past?

@letsgorams This is my first year as UCLA forum champion so this will be a test.

@10s4life before this is all said and done, i wanted to genuinely thank you for keeping us in the loop and taking you time to! As an applicant from texas, its hard to know all the workings of the UC system! I’m beyond grateful; you have squashed a lot of anxiety I’ve had about it all. Thank you so so so much!

@10s4life Congrats. You have truly helped all of us in this arduous process and I hope our paths one day cross.

@10s4life you should leave this for future students… I found great information here that I didn’t know about … just a suggestion

@Nonomom All the threads stay on the site. You can go back for years. Google UCLA class of 2020 for instance. That got nearly 1,000,000 views. This will be here. But I’ll be answering questions on here next year as well. And it’s not a problem. I enjoy helping students navigate the UCLA app process.

@Wintdurr Of course! It’s not a problem

@charllev cal grant usually lists your top choice school. Once you find out where you’re actually going, you switch it to that school, or leave it if it ends up being UCLA. This is important. My oldest didn’t switch it and we didn’t realize until his second semester of college that he was getting a supplemental grant rather than Cal grant.

2 PM PST?

They said after 5pm PST on Twitter

Hi guys. I’ve been lurking on this page since December although I have not said anything or commented. Today’s the big day, and I just wanted to wish everybody luck. Today’s gonna be a very anxious day leading up to 5pm PST but I just wanted to say that I am so proud of everybody on here and everything you all have accomplished. Remember that you will end up where you are meant to be. You are all hard working people and will make it very far in this life. Sending you all lots of love and hugs for today. Congrats to all of you, truly. So proud of you guys!!

Good luck to all today. And special thanks to @10s4life who has done an amazing job managing this thread and answering questions (many repeatedly) with good cheer throughout this process. If @10s4life is an indication of the quality of the students at UCLA, I would be proud to send my son there should be be fortunate enough to get good news this evening.

Good luck to everyone! Thanks @10s4life for all your help

Kind of glad that I live in a 12-hour time difference. I can simply just kill the waiting time by going to bed (though I probably won’t fall asleep tonight cuz I am so anxious). Anyway good luck to everyone tomorrow!!

@lkbux64 @prlndtx Thanks for the compliment and best of luck to everyone!

Keeping my eye out for your 2 PM announcement @10s4life !