UCLA Class of 2023 Discussion

@CaliDad2021 Have your son look into the ASME FADE program. It’s great for new Mechanical Engineering students. Gets them involved in the major while they’re taking the non-ME required courses.
https://www.asmebruins.com/fade

@sj2020 I don’t know off the top of my head

Congrats on those who got accepted so far. If you got accepted for CS in CoE, you are a god.

Accepted
1280 SAT
4.59 Weighted GPA
Lots of APs
Average ECs?
No Subject tests.
Major: History, Political Science.

Essays: I believe they were the strongest part of my application.

Also accepted: UCSB(Political Science), UCSD, SLO, CSULA, CSULB

Accepted L&S Financial Actuarial Math

1 twin waitlisted and 1 twin rejected. But—they don’t care because they both got into USC today!!!

D got waitlisted, into UCSC with small merit scholarship, UCSB and UCSD. Rejected from SLO.

Waitlisted !! 4.08 UC GPA, 34 ACT. Not even mad I was expecting to be rejected :slight_smile: congrats to everyone who got in!

Accepted!!
Iranian, First generation
Biophysics
4.37 UC GPA (capped)
4.42 UC GPA (uncapped)
4.0 UW
1520 SAT
8 APs
740 Math 2, 740 Bio M (weak I know)
Good EC’s
Honestly really good essays. I put my heart and soul into these and I pretty much couldn’t sleep the entire summer because I couldn’t stop thinking about them

My stats definitely qualified me but I think my essays and my “hook” of being first generation are what put me through. Congrats to everyone who got in and to those who didn’t, you’ll do amazing at wherever you end up :slight_smile:

@lakergirl6232 you are blessed if you can afford 2 USC tuitions at one time! Congrats!

@lakergirl6232 Where do you live??

Accepted OOS
ACT 35
GPA 4 uw
Excellent ECs
Accepted at UT Austin , washu
Awaiting Berkeley and few other schools

D was accepted to UCLA and UCSD. WIll update with stats tomorrow. So damn proud of her because I know that the odds are against getting accepted and so many people with the same stats didn’t get in. This is such an interesting process and it gets to a point of simply odds.

@rshrawg what school is that, if you don’t mind me asking?

Question for those currently at UCLA – are there summer classes offered? My OOS son was accepted at UCSB and the financial aid office there suggested that he attend summer school because he could pay the resident fee and potentially knock off 1 year of non-resident tuition if he attends for 3 summers. I poked around on the UCLA website and class schedules and didn’t even see any summer classes offered?

Accepted Bioengineering
GPA 4 uw
ACT 36

Accepted In-State Female for Pre-Human Biology and Society BS
ACT 35, SAT Bio E 780, SAT Math II 760
4.5 weighted GPA, 4.0 unweighted
Lots of ECs including ASB President, Cheerleading, etc.
also received alumni and regents invites

I got in!!!

Waitlist
1560 SAT, 4.0 UW, 4.51 W
Chemistry

What is SIR? thank you