***UCSD 2019 FRESHMAN WAITLIST*** Information, Stats and Discussion

@compug Hi. Here are my stats:
SAT:1450
GPA:93/100 on most subjects
School Profile: very competitive public high school (rank 1 in my region, although I live in a very remote region)
ECs:

1. former school Informatics team member (So I’m pretty familiar with lower division CSE courses)
  2. founder of my school’s coffee association
    3)…
    I hope these pieces of information could help you.

@MickleTheNickel9 I guess decisions are not sent out in waves (since there aren’t a lot of people posting their decisions on this thread in the same day as I did). According to previous posts on this thread, most of the waitlist → acceptance decisions are Bio related majors (Human Bio, Neuro Bio, .etc). I suppose it just a coincidence…

@Testarossa: Thank you so much for your inputs and congratulations!! I assume your 1st major choice was computer science and second major: Neurobiology and they offered you Neurobiology?

possibility of a wave tomorrow?

I’m on the wl for computer engineering I think. My first major is CS, but since I talked to the admissions from UCSD, I think it’s impossible to wl for CS.

It appears that a few people got accepted off the waitlist this afternoon. It was posted on reddit about an hour ago… nothing for us though☹

@4everpraying Can you attach the reddit link here? I cannot find the thread.

I just got offered admission as undeclared. What does that mean? When does one declare major and which of the majors are a lottery system?

@ac1234567 I tried to attach the link but got a message that my post may violate cc rules and will have to be reviewed first. It’s all over reddit. Seems like quite a few people got in

I just got in, not for comp sci major though. I think the chances of admission for CS is slim to none now.

All the best guys

My daughter got accepted off the waitlist last night for Chemical Engineering & Muir college. She’s through the roof excited!

I just got off the waitlist yesterday for undeclared. I committed to UCSD yesterday but I’m still waiting on decisions from other colleges I got waitlisted at. If I do get accepted anywhere else, and I decide to go there, is it possible for me to opt out on UCSD?

@ginamk: Yes you can withdraw your SIR from UCSD, forfeit your enrollment deposit and accept another school if you are accepted from the waitlist.

I was admitted off the waitlist for Fall 2019. I am having an issue with the applicant portal, when I try to accept the admission offer, a yellow box appears saying I have to conplete the California Residency for Tuition Purposes and/or the Review Cobtract for Maintaining Admissions. I already completed both and all of the documents required to complete, I have no idea what the issue is. Is this happening to anyone else? Hopefully they didn’t admit me by accident…

@jorden0715 I was just admitted off the waitlist too, and I am having the exact same problem as you. Whenever I am attempting to accept my offer, the yellow box appears telling me to complete the California Residency for Tuition Purposes and/or the Review Contract for Maintaining Admissions. I attempted calling UCSD to find out the problem, but their offices are closed for the weekend.

May you all please post the Stats? I am on waiting list yet no luck at this moment

@Gumbymom I know this is the UCSD chat but you seem very knowledgeable about the whole UC system so I had a question. Specifically for UC Irvine, is there like a roommate questionnaire given later in the year? Because my friend at UCSD said there is one around July and for Irvine in the housing app all they asked was double, a theme, and mesa or middle earth. Nothing about sleeping preferences, cleanliness, etc? I really want someone who sleeps late, isn’t super clean so they don’t get annoyed if I am bit messy, and is a Bio major. I just wanted to know if there would be a questionnaire later on or not?
BTW I ended up staying with Irvine mainly because of the med school and UCI medical center but just the overall environment too.

has anyone gotten off the waitlist for a humanities major?

My daughter got accepted off waitlist on Saturday afternoon. She was accepted to Roosevelt College which was not her first choice, and I gather you must wait 2 quarters before requesting transfer to another college, and even then it is not easy to switch. Warren seems best fit for interests in government and law.

Btw she was waitlisted for UCI also, we did a waitlist appeal and was notified yesterday that the waitlist was closed so I guess that is dead in the water. I find all of this weird as UCSD is rated as more difficult to get into than UCI.