UCSD Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Hoping next couple weeks possibly a bit of good news for some off the waitlist for ucsd…well, hoping this year at least a few more than qualified students get a chance to be a Triton. Good luck those parents and students who is playing the extra innings with college plans and pivots! :pray:

10 Likes

When will they release the first wave?:thinking:

Waitlist students can hear anytime after today if there are spots available.

1 Like

Thanks!

Hi, I think I saw a post that you wrote on one the UC discussion boards about how to transfer from a CCC to a UC after one year given you have enough credits. Would you mind sharing that with me?

Sending you a PM.

is it likely that the waitlist will come out today

I don’t think so

UC’s need to time to process the SIR’s they received yesterday and if they find there are open spots, then they will start going to the waitlist. It is possible they could start admitting today but more likely it will be later in the week.

4 Likes

My Daughter got off the UCSB waitlist today with first choice major. Did not hear from UCSD. Keeping fingers crossed.

9 Likes

Can you post details in UCSB waitlist discussion?

Did they admit some people off the waitlist yesterday for UCSD?

2 Likes

“UC discussion boards about how to transfer from a UC to a UC after one year given you have enough credits.”Would you mind sharing that with me also.

No postings of waitlist admits for UCSD. UCSB accepted some waitlisted students yesterday. UCI accepted some last week and UCLA’s waitlist admits have been slowly trickling out (seen only OOS and International admits)

4 Likes

I will send you a PM. The UC 1 year transfers work if the student has a sufficient amount of AP/IB or CC/DE credit from HS. Also STEM majors are very difficult to transfer into within 1 year since they have a large amount of required courses needed for transfer.

1 Like

What is the current prediction on UCSD waitlist movement for Computer Science major? Can we assume it almost close to impossible.

@Gumbymom, Is it possible to try UC transfer option when you are graduating from high school. Dual enrollment in college during 9-11th grade (required to transfer to UCs) and apply as transfer. Is that possible?

1 Like

Sorry, I cannot PM you but if you have sufficient CC/DE course credit it is possible to transfer within 1 year but as I stated it is much easier if the major is not STEM or impacted/capped since Engineering/CS/Science majors have many more required transfer courses vs. a Philosophy or Political Science major for example. If you have specific questions, you should start a new discussion thread so we do not derail this current waitlist discussion.

3 Likes

I’m majoring in business and also seeking for 1 year transfer, can you Pm me the info too? Thank you.

1 Like

When anyone hears anything about people getting accepted from UCSD waitlist, please let me know!

14 Likes

anything new?

1 Like