UM Early Decision I

@yumaimiwhat I am definitely telling you the truth about my sister. Also, from the [][] website: “Admission to the University of Miami is very competitive. Applicants are considered based on the strength of their high school curriculum and grades earned, standardized test scores, letters of recommendation, essay, extracurricular activities, and awards/achievements. Check out the Fall 2015 Freshman Class Profile below for an overview of the typical academic achievement and test scores of recently admitted students. When you are ready to apply, visit the next steps.” According to USNews, only “At University of Miami, 19 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $11,662.” According to the [][] brochure: " If YOU THINK you will need to pursue need-based assistance, make sure you complete the FAFSA…" I am pretty confident that I am giving you accurate information. I just wouldn’t want you to needlessly stress students/parents out by providing false info.

@PCJazz My son also has a Presidential Scholarship, but it was awarded for academic merit, not financial need.

Congrats @londondad. I hope that I get one, too. I only posted that in response to the assertion that chances of acceptance are diminished if you don’t submit a FAFSA. My intent was to reply that submitting a FAFSA is not one of the criteria that THE [][]. I shouldn’t even be in this thread, because as a Frost student I was only allowed RD. GOOD LUCK to everyone. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE [][]!!!

If anyone knows any new information about the ED decisions please post it here!

Called admissions. If you do not need financial aid, you do not need to fill out the forms. Not filling out the forms when you don’t need aid will not affect your chances. Decisions out in a week.

@bananabread123 Are you sure the decisions for ED are out next week? If so, did they give you a day?

The admissions person I spoke with said next week, which would align with their middle of December timeline. I think usually decisions go out on fridays but that’s just a guess…

One more week guys!

On CaneLink does anyone else’s have a box that says program advisor in the student center page? (You get to the student center page from the application status page)

I have a space for a program advisor and a space to accept/decline awards. Anyone know if that means anything??

i am a current sophomore - i found out december 17th for ED.
you guys will find out this thursday I’m sure, if not, it will be friday. good luck!

How has your experience been at UM? @almondapple98

You guys made an awesome decision applying ED. Gorgeous weather, hot people, beautiful campus, popping nightlife. Way to go.

Party on South Beach and in the Grove, rage from Orientation to finals, hook up with models. Live the dream bros. The []_[] is more than a great academic school, place is lit like you can’t imagine. Get your savage on and chill at Sig Chi and Sig Ep, make those DG smokes howl. Time to get it.

Only a few days left guys! If anyone hears anything about the exact day or time the decision comes out or anything in general comment it here.

I heard Thursday, the 15th at 3:00 is when they release from a friend but nothing for sure

Definitely nerve racking waiting for this decision. It is crazy knowing that they already know if we got in.

agreed

insider info: So they forgot a pile of ED apps and they have everyone working on them. BUT some will be released the end of this week but the deadline for the Admissions to read ALL ED apps is Dec 30th so some might get their decision after that. i have an insider source.

If that even is true, I couldn’t see them not releasing all the decisions at the same time

Last year I got my ED1 on Thursday, December 17 at 5 PM. Good luck everyone it’s an awesome school