UM Early Decision I

So lets hope for this Thursday!

If anyone hears anything new let us know. I am so anxious!

There is no way they release some without releasing all right?

I don’t think so, that wouldn’t be fair and I’ve never heard of a school doing that.

I feel like the decisions are sadly not coming out tomorrow.

what makes you say that?

Nothing just the fact that no one has heard anything because I feel like someone would have said something by now if they knew

well the school is not gonna release an official date incase they have to delay it, everyone who has called admissions has heard the end of this week which is either tomorrow or Friday.

agreed ^^

Yes some schools do that, Yale does that so does Tulane and Syracuse

I called admissions and they said hopefully tomorrow evening but there is no guarantee. What time do you guys think tomorrow evening is? Also, do you think there’s any chance it’ll just come out today and they’re saying tomorrow just to be safe? Good luck to everyone!

I heard that the letters are delivered by a carrier pigeon today at 4:20 pm to your doorstep. If you are accepted you will get it from a pink pigeon, if you are denied you will be brutally attacked by a blue pigeon tysm :*

I hear they send out decisions at 3pm Eastern Time idk how accurate that is though.

This is probably the most nerve racking thing ever just waiting to here about the next 4 years of my life. I honestly think most of us have a pretty good chance, since there are only I believe 500-700 ED apps every year, and that is guaranteed money for them. Miami gets like 13000 apps a year and of those accepted not a lot actually attend, so I’m gonna say we have a good chance since we are already committed.

Just checked, obviously it’s not coming out at 3 today lol

I didn’t mean 3 today, it could be 3 tomorrow.

I did call and they said tomorrow evening but no promises. Still somehow hoping they’ll be posted tonight :frowning:

To whomever said that you’re more likely to get in ED is wrong. The acceptance rate for ED is 39% while overall the acceptance rate is 38%. Early decision does not help applicants too much, although the people who ED may be a more underqualified group in which case it may be a bit easier. But they also mention that they only consider demonstrated interest a little bit. I would say ED to umiami would only help a little bit overall.

I would say ED stats are slightly lower than EA and RD, since people whose stats are not amazing and really want to go to the U are more likely to apply ED.

What other schools is everyone else looking at, if you get denied? Im looking at Colorado State, and Texas Christian University.