UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Question on Ross admissions for existing Ross students (or parents) who may be in this thread.

I see Ross has 3 decision dates in Feb, Mar, April, and Ross will not consider an application until the school has made a decision on the app. Thus, if a student is deferred early action (as mine was today with 34 ACT 4.0 uw), is it far less likely they get accepted? My rationale is that most spots would be taken at this late point. Who has experience or data points in this?

I hope so. Some of the kids she helps with homework got in. So very frustrating. I’m a grad school alumni too. She did get into Wisconsin tonight so we have good news there, but OOS tuition. Great campus too!

2 Likes

Same question. It says postponed!

1 Like

Postponed and deferred are the same thing … the actual term Michigan uses now is “postponed”.

2 Likes

What high school?

Got accepted! LSA, In-state student, and LEDA scholar!
Stats: 3.9 uw 4.1 weighted
Test-optional
6 AP classes
Participated in biomedical career programs
Low-Income Student, received Jean Fairfax Scholarship

10 Likes

Did you apply for these scholarships? Did anyone get their financial aid package? I cant find mine

2 Likes

anybody know what more we are to say in LOI

or what the stats are on postponed…

FWIW my D19 applied EA, got deferred at the December time, and finally got in around the March or April deadline. So D22 fully expected deferred/postpone. Hang in there !!!

3 Likes

nope just popped up on my admission later

1 Like

letter

Wow congrats seriously. Does anyone know the stats of who got deferred, accepted and denied?

2 Likes

“Far less likely,” I’m not sure about that. “Less likely,” yes.

We certainly do get several deferred home school applicants that post here are accepted by Ross in their later decision dates. Deferred homeschool/Ross applicants have a decent shot if they’re accepted in the 1st RD wave (2/18?) and then subsequently accepted on the 2nd Ross decision date (3/18).

These Ross Class 2024 and 2025 threads aren’t all encompassing (not recording every CC decision), but did get some activity.

Did you visit in person?

1 Like

I go to umich Ross. Most ppl in Ross were accepted EA. Unfortunately that is a bad sign for Ross. Although he may get into lsa - Econ, org studies and sports management are all options still.

1 Like

So, we have a Harvard, Princeton and some other Ivy League acceptances AND these applicants also were accepted to Michigan too? Wow, that’s wonderful news for your families.

And best of luck with your decisions.

1 Like

My kid got accepted to CoE and received an email from the admissions providing free travel (hotel and flight) to visit the campus. They call it “campus day”. We didn’t apply for financial aid. Anyone else received this email?

Interesting that Wisconsin just released their EA on the same day.

Thanks for this response. I understood that the Ross waves in Feb, Mar only included students accepted Early Action, and the April wave included all remaining accepts (reg decision). The reason I thought this is because the Ross app page says Ross will not consider a student for admission into the b school until they’ve been accepted to Michigan. Did I get this wrong?