UMich Ann Arbor Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My daughter accepted LSA
OOS (NY)
GPA 4.3 UW
ACT 32
Good essays, AP classes
legacy

2 Likes

What do these dates even mean? Does this mean postponed EA students need to submit the continued interest form by Feb 1?

1 Like

I would love to know this also. Does everyone admitted to LSA get an invite?

1 Like

Can you cite your source please? The official posting on UMich’s portal says:

If there is additional information you would like to provide to us, please submit this form by Feb. 21

What you’ve shown looks like an old posting - pre-2021, when they used to release EA decisions in the 3rd week of December.

2 Likes

Good catch. I was referring to message 3271 - the Michigan Daily link. Seems like it is from 2020. Please ignore that date. Your point was why my confusion was too.

1 Like

I don’t have any info on the acceptance rate to honors. Not much info on the honors program is posted here.

1 Like

Do you have insight into Data Science at Wisconsin? My daughter got in, deferred at Michigan. We still have hopes as we are instate, top 10 feeder school with 35 ACT.

on the web site:
Any student who is admitted to U-M LSA may apply to Honors. All admitted LSA first-year students will receive an email outlining the Honors Program and welcoming them to apply. It is not necessary to wait for such a letter.

3 Likes

Yes exactly! I saw the value essay Prompt and freaked!!

what is the percentage of kids that get accepted if postponed?

1 Like

They started this program in 2020: https://badgerherald.com/news/2019/09/24/uw-creates-new-school-for-computer-data-and-information-sciences-to-meet-rising-demand/ and then this past year, raised funds for a new building to house it: Major donation launches new building for UW-Madison school on computer and data sciences

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I think we will head up there next month to check it out. Still hoping for Michigan as we are instate and its only 40 miles away. I have been to Wisconsin - Madison campus myself. Beautiful campus. They look to have all the club sports she would like to consider. Good option, but 6 1/2 hours away.

not sure if this has been answered but what are the historic dates for the acceptance waves for postponed/regular decisions?

should i be worried I didn’t receive anything? i was recently admitted into lsa

did some searching in past threads for anyone interested, looks like last year acceptances were given out on march 5th, march 26th, and a good amount were waitlisted/rejected on march 26th and april 1st

3 Likes
1 Like

LOL, so glad I’m not alone. My daughter was already planning out what she was going to say when she made that call to the admissions officer asking to change it :rofl: :rofl:

S22(OOS ) Got accepted into LSA and this weekend he received an email from LSA Honors Program asking him to apply to the Honors program.
Could someone who has experience with Merit-Based Scholarship please guide on how to go about it? would he automatically consider for it or does he need to apply for it (if Yes where and how) and also if the Honors program would boost his chances to get Merit Scholarship? what are some of the advantages of the Honors Program?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

okay, I am a bit confused. what is the value essay prompt?

Good luck for the next round; hope she gets in!