UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

Totally get it. My son too. He has become completely ambivalent to their timeline and decisions which I imagine was the complete opposite of their intention. Their loss I say regardless if he’s accepted or not.

5 Likes

Wisconsin is an awesome choice, and Madison is a quintessential college town….the school is definitely more of a National draw now

5 Likes

That’s what I heard that UMich could not finish reviewing all of the EA applications.

1 Like

Madison is gorgeous

1 Like

“Michigan isn’t able to review all of the EA apps” is a common phrase that is heard in this forum every admissions cycle.

I personally can’t imagine with AI, smart computer programmers and app readers that Michigan can’t get through 55,000 +/- EA apps by 1/31, especially since pre-pandemic they would release EA decisions before X-mas.

5 Likes

They really ARE something!!
I wonder if that will allow them recover the spots that might have been taken by kids who really wanted Ivy League and were only using U of M as a back up and offer them to kids who want Michigan as their first choice. Makes sense to me. That would also increase their yield.

5 Likes

I doubt it would serve that purpose, most kids who employ the strategy you mentioned would probably have “Withdraw my Michigan app” on the lowest possible priority so we’d still be in the same situation.

4 Likes

By the time the students hear from the Ivies on Thursday at 7pm, I would say that Michigan has made all of their decisions and are just uploading everything on Friday. So even if a kid is quick to decline UM, it likely wouldn’t impact RD admissions for anyone.

4 Likes

my regional rep responded. she said they haven’t been given an official date :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

They probably should ask kids to fill that loci form on March 31st…

6 Likes

They have probably been thinking about that, starting with asking RD applicants to fill out the LOCI…

1 Like

It is so hard to watch my daughter and all of you go through this, but you have to remember: If you even applied to Michigan, you are highly successful and you do not need validation from Michigan or anywhere else to confirm you’re amazing. Look at it like this: if you don’t get in to the “hardest” school you applied to, you’ll probably be in the top of your class at another school, and that would not suck! Good luck you guys!

15 Likes

Totally agree.

2 Likes

How do you find out your regional rep? What is LOCI? Sorry late to the game.

1 Like

LOCI is a letter of continued interest you send to a school saying you are still interested

1 Like

Everything should be on student’s portal.

2 Likes

Same here. It went from very high to below the safeties. And then if he does get in he is going to have a few more weeks even after this for Ross….

4 Likes

Any talk about when our kids might hear? The struggle is real :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I called admissions today and they said there would not be any info sent out in advance on when decisions will be announced. They’ll just send an email when portals are updated. UGH

6 Likes

For regular round, is the acceptance rate extremely low? I was only able to see the overall historical acceptance rate and feels this could be single digit acceptance rate at regular…

1 Like