UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

You can check the CDS, section C2 (just google Michagan CDS). Last year about 17k were offered spots on the WL, about 15k took the spot and less than 100 got in. But last year was crazy bad for waitlists. Our friend’s NYC private school sent out a communication that they generally expect waitlists to move this year, but chances are still going to be very slim. They offer more waitlist spots than they do acceptances.

2 Likes

ok, the letter actually answers what you asked - how many students get offered admission off the waitlist. what specifically are you looking for?

1 Like

there’s an entire FAQ they linked to about how the WL works, how many kids accepted spots to be on the WL the past several years and then how many were offered admission, when they “close” the waitlist and stop accepting students, what happens if you were a direct admit Ross applicant and were WL-ed, etc.

1 Like

Am I allowed to send a letter of continued interest? I am not sure because they said no additional documents would be accepted. Thank you!

2 Likes

Congrats!!! Was the email they sent you a basic “your status was updated” or did you get a “congratulations” email?

2 Likes

my son heard back from Kinesiology - it was a no. Maybe yours not being in yet is a good sign?

1 Like

Per last years Common Data Set:
21.078 offered spot on waitlist
15,076 accepted spot on waitlist
77 offered admission

Not good odds, unfortunately

Still nothing….

1 Like

77 got off last year, less than 1%

Each of my twins got into exactly one of their reach schools. That’s all they need but it doesnt make me have much faith or respect in this process.

I’m glad your kid is happy. Mine are happy — the sweatshirts are ordered and deposits will be made this weekend. Northwestern and Hamilton bound!!!

11 Likes

Has anyone called the admissions office?

1 Like

I’d say you hit the lottery! Congrats.

2 Likes

Son was waitlisted

1 Like

I agree except when you win the lottery, money flows in the other direction.

No and still nothing….

3 Likes

Son now waitlisted after EA deferral. Looks like Ohio State just moved up to his top 3 picks! :joy:

3 Likes

OOS Waitlist!

Rejected or waitlisted from all reach schools! It’s been brutal. Varsity athlete, 4 years, clubs, etc, has worked since middle school, GPA 101, 34 ACT
Etc……

He’s been waitlisted for the business school at Kelley and he’s accepted direct admit at Fisher at OSU! OSU looks like the perfect fit and he will be thrilled there!

Love the school that loves you back!

Go Buckeyes!!!

8 Likes

Hi! We are in the same boat! Waitlisted at UMich, direct admit into Fisher/OSU and Kelley/IU for business. We also have a local option at Cal Poly SLO. Hard to choose!

5 Likes

umm im trying to sign up for a campus day but im from DC and when it asks “what state you are traveling from”, there is no option for DC… what should I do?!

4 Likes

Same here and she is committed to OSU! Amazing school as well.

8 Likes