UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

All students living in university housing must get a booster. Is umich the only school still requiring this?

1 Like

One of the few.

Iā€™m nervous to email them with my name attached to it because I donā€™t want to annoy them haha

2 Likes

Daughter got waitlisted. Should she asks her teacher to send another letter of recommendation? They donā€™t want to receive more information from student, but will it be ok to receive something from the teacher?

We heard on Friday and my son is in!

Accepted: Michigan, UCLA, Berkeley, Wake Forest
Waitlisted: UNC
Denied: Stanford

2 Likes

No reason to be nervous. Itā€™s shows you really want to go thereā€¦ I know about these things and why I am here. FYI

Follow exactly what it tells you to do. Website has information also

1 Like

Hi do you have the email to contact? The website keeps giving me an error code

https://lsa.umich.edu/honors/about-us/contact-us.html

My son was rejected off the WL, LSA and OOS. But the rejection letter stated that he has the opportunity to apply as a sophomore transfer (see below). Was this included in all rejection letters? Heā€™s not sure exactly what this means. Michigan is his top choice so we are considering this option.

ā€œAlthough we are unable to offer admission at this time, we would like to extend to you an opportunity for transfer to the university at the sophomore level, rather than the typical junior level, provided that you
attain a 3.2 grade point average or higher, with no grade below a C, while enrolled in transferable courses at another college during your first two full semesters of college work (12-15 credit hours each
semester). Many of the students currently on this campus entered as transfer students. Your desire to join the Michigan family can be a reality.ā€

I donā€™t think that everyone is offered this opportunity.

But what do you mean that he ā€œwas rejected off the WL?ā€ Do you mean that he was deferred in EA, then not admitted or offered waitlist with this last decision release?

I honestly cannot remember this type of rejection letter, specifically for a sophomore transfer.

In the past, Michigan has been fairly ā€œmilitantā€ about having attained 55-60 credits (50%) with a transfer application.

It almost sounds like the ā€œTrojan Transfer Planā€ at USC.

Just out of curiosity, since this seems to be the first time an old pro like @sushiritto has seen a letter like this one, is either parent a Michigan grad?

2 Likes

Yes, I meant deferred in EA, then not admitted or offered waitlist with this last decision release.

1 Like

We are not Michigan grads.

Intersting. There were at least a few who had been waitlisted who then received this letter when the waitlist closed last June, but I did not hear about it before then. So it sounds like a guaranteed sophomore transfer that some schools are doing now. My son got one from Boston University. I know Cornell does it too. That said, my son got the generic waitlist closed letter last June, but he did apply to be a sophomore transfer and was accepted so heā€™ll be starting in the fall as a sophomore. We are an in-state legacy family and he does have a sibling who graduated last year.

Yeah same with me, since it is on a rolling basis I assumed I would have gotten notice by now on whether I got anything or not, as all applicants are supposed to hear by April 15. That is why I was wondering if anyone has already been alerted if they got one of the scholarships already.

3 Likes

Ok, waitlisted and a transfer option makes more sense.

So, was he given an option for sophomore transfer ? And then he applied for that?
That sounds promising for waitlisted students

2 Likes