UMichigan Class of 2027 Official RD Thread

I kinda doubt it. Many EDII decisions were this week and I bet they want to give people time to withdraw before they make any further decisions. That is pure speculation on my part though.

3 Likes

Follow the Michigan letter /website. Following instructions is part of the deal. It also should of been sent already. Waiting longer isn’t helping. If your considering Michigan send in what they ask you for or don’t. Yes, you have a choice. In life. There are always choices.

1 Like

I haven’t sent mine but plan to this weekend. Hopefully that won’t negatively impact me. I’ve been slammed with scholarship application deadlines and school and work and didn’t want to do a rush job so put it off until I had some time to work on it (which I will this weekend with the holiday.) I believe it said it was due by March 17th so hopefully I’m still OK.

2 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like

Highly unlikely. It’s only been 3 weeks and in UMichigan time, that’s simply not enough suspense and aggravation built up yet. :rofl:

7 Likes

Anyone know when the admission waves came out last year?

1 Like

There were no waves last year, just one RD release.

There were isolated small drops of in state acceptances prior to RD, but no waves.

What was the date last year?

Friday, March 25, 2022

3 Likes

Has anyone heard anything about a March 3rd round OOS?

1 Like

The ECI is due the 17th, so it’s unlikely.

1 Like

Will they release results in batches? We didn’t apply Ross, Ross will release results like in feb, Mar and another one in April, couldn’t remember the exact dates. Would the other Michigan colleges follow the suit?

The more I read about it, the more I wonder how difficult it is to get admitted rd at u michigan. We should have applied ea.sigh.

I think it’s really difficult to get in whether EA or RD! Many of us are now reading this thread because our kids were postponed from EA. An earlier post says likely March 24 for all, but who knows? Good luck!

1 Like

The last time I read the website, and everyone may know this already, but in RD, every applicant has an equal chance.

Honestly, EA would not have given you much better odds. Anecdotally, and I am generalizing of course, but very few students seem to have been admitted EA. I am talking across several Northeastern states, amazing students, big feeder towns and schools—it was pretty brutal this year.

Only thing I can say about RD, is UM needs to fill their class somehow, and they gotta take some kids
so all of our RD students have some shot to get admitted. Colleges can’t fill their classes by taking nobody, lol.

5 Likes

Thanks! I think the longer I wait, the more I reflect on our decisions
and it obviously didn’t help
.good luck to you too!

1 Like

Yeah! They need to admit 7000 kids anyway
I wish they release the results earlier
so we could get this over with

The EA deferred students have to submit their letters of continued intent by mid March, so I don’t think the AO’s know quite yet who is still interested. The wait is so difficult.

3 Likes