Universities of California- What Are My Chances?

Which Universities of California will I have a good shot at getting in to?

Asian, Male

UC GPA: 4.19
UW GPA: 3.84

SAT Single: 2120
SAT Superscore: 2160

Extracurriculars:
Produce Pick Up for Salvation Army
YMCA youth basketball coaching
BoyScouts, Eagle Scout in progress
Worked at iKicks to donate shoes for homeless
Created Umbrellas4LA to donate umbrellas to homeless
CoderDojo
National Honor Society
Summer employee at Cafe Yarn
Quest Nutrition Marketing Internship
High School Basketball Junior Varsity
KIWINS Club
Ryman Arts Program
AP Scholar with Honor

High School:
Mira Costa Highschool
Top 25% in class
API: 912
National Rank: 375
State Rank: 74

Major: Computer Science or Undeclared

Please help!!

You look like a competitive applicant and should apply to any UC of interest. CS is very competitive and difficult to switch into later as an Undeclared. Much easier to get a direct admit into CS and then switch out. I would at least include UCR and UCSC as solid Match/backup UC schools. Make sure you spend time on the essay questions and focus on your strengths. Good luck.

Gumbymom is correct in saying that UCR and UCSC are a near definite admission. I would say that UCI, UCD, and UCSB are a very slight reach. UCLA, UCSD, and UCB are a bit of a reach. Your major is Computer Science which is pretty competitive to get into for all the UC’s except UCM. Have you had alot of experience with coding? There will probably be alot of CS applicants that have little coding knowledge so that can help make you stand out if you do. Best of luck

Hi UCNerdx10,

I’ve taken AP Computer Science A so I know Java pretty well. I’ve also learned HTML online and I’ve been volunteering at the local library teaching younger kids how to code games. I also plan to take AP Computer Principles senior year. That’s pretty much it, should that be enough for the slight reach schools you mentioned above?

Thanks!

This is what I predict based on what you’ve provided and assuming you choose undeclared:
UCLA - rejected (low GPA)
UC Berkeley - rejected (low GPA)
UCSD - Accepted
UCSB - Accepted
UCD - Accepted
UCI - Accepted (likely!)
UCSC - Accepted (very likely!)
UCR - Accepted (very likely!)
UCM - Accepted (very, very likely!)

Good luck!