University Fellows Experience

@HCopter I was wondering the same thing about things for parents to do. Looks like the only thing parents are invited to is the campus tour/lunch. I didn’t get a chance to visit the Bear Bryant museum when I visited last year, so I’ll probably do that. The men’s basketball has a game against Vanderbilt that Saturday, but it’s at 5, right when the students get out of their program.

We’re also trying to figure out what to do on Friday. We get in Thursday night, so the whole Friday morning is free. We did the tour last year, and it looks like they will be doing visits on Saturday, so I don’t even know if we should be visiting her major or the Honors college on Friday morning. Or just chill and do a self-guided campus tour.

For your free time, you could go to the strip, maybe grab some pastries at Edelweiss cafe. You could always head to the basketball game a little late, and that would be fun. They aren’t as well attended as football games, but the team has been pretty good this year and had some great games. I didn’t go to the finalists weekend, my husband did, but I’m sure he just worked during free time. Your regional contact might be able to arrange a meeting with a professor or special tour Friday morning. That’s worth an email. Most importantly, tell your student to relax and have fun meeting the Fellows. They are all a bunch of intense, out-going students.

Thank you @gusmahler and @momsterinc ! I will probably end up doing work, but will keep the BB game in mind! WIll email our Regional contact, great idea!!

1. Does anyone know when finalists results will come out, and if so how? Mail, email, etc?
  2. If you are not selected, same questions as #1;
  3. How/when are Academic Elite Scholarships notified?

Seems like prior years, it would be near the end of this week, or right around Spring Break (BAMA’s this year is 03/09-16/19) at the earliest posters.

They told us that the results will be sent via snail mail and they will be mailed before Spring Break. I didn’t ask about the additional scholarship, though.

Good luck!

Good Luck Everybody! I would guess that the letters are being sent out today!

has anybody heard anything?

No official news yet, but my family had Informed Delivery from USPS and there seems to be an envelope arriving today (postmarked 3/8) that looks very similar to the Finalist Weekend invite. Fingers crossed for good news this afternoon! :slight_smile:

Yay good luck! If you don’t mind me asking, how far from Alabama do you live so I can know when to expect a letter.

@ibstressing2019:
Any markings on the envelope?

I got in! It’s a square white envelope and inside is the same red envelope as the finalist letter. Good luck to everyone!

@savior01 I live in Southwest Florida (also congrats!!! I just saw your previous post)
@Hokiesunshine No markings other than my name and address handwritten on the front. The envelope postmark has the Bama area code though.

My envelope just arrived (see @savior01 's post for a description of what the letter looks like)!!! Congrats to everyone else who was admitted and I’m looking forward to being a part of this amazing program! :slight_smile:

Congrats to everyone admitted. Still no envelope for DD yet (in the Houston area).

Nothing yet here either and we are out of town on Spring Break so won’t know until the end of the week. Thank you @ibstressing2019 for telling us about Informed Delivery!! Signed up yesterday but with +/- 3 day set up it probably won’t matter much for when we get any news. @gusmahler , let me know your news - PM or post; we are in Dallas!

Question: If you DON’T get UFE, do you still get a TWE (Thin white envelope)? We were really nervous and got one on Saturday, but it was just a pesky financial aid letter! Ack!

I live near Dallas and got my acceptance letter so yours is probably waiting at home. They do send rejection letters but I’m not sure exactly what they look like. I think they may not have a red envelope inside the white one. Best of luck!!!

Still nothing in the mail today. I assume that’s bad news.

Not that it matters, as DD has already decided that she won’t attend Alabama no matter if she gets in or not.

My student hasn’t received anything either. Wondering if acceptances and denial letters were sent out at the same time.

Does anyone know the answer?

@ibstressing2019 No worries. Accepted also.

Still haven’t received anything through Thursday’s mail. This is beginning to look unprofessional.