University Honors -- Can I apply?

<p>Alright, so I just found the minimum stats... and I'm not quite there at all on test scores... =[ I thought I had some chance because I'm around the 75th percentile /2400.</p>

<p>But I've spent time at Main-Campbell, and I know I really want to be in the program if I go to VT and have the traits for it and everything. Plus I'm already supposed to have an honors interview sometime soon too.</p>

<p>So, basically, can I apply (like now) uninvited and still have a shot? Or is that impossible/highly unlikely?</p>

<p>I thought you had to be invited to apply, but maybe not.</p>

<p>What are the minimum stats?</p>

<p>1350/1600 SAT. 3.7 GPA.</p>

<p>I have a 1250/1910.</p>

<p>Sike. You might be right… idk.</p>

<p>The application’s online and it seemed optional but I don’t think it actually is.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/downloads/2010FreshmenApplication.pdf[/url]”>http://www.univhonors.vt.edu/downloads/2010FreshmenApplication.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>GAHGAHGAHGAH. Now I have absolutely no interest in VT.</p>

<p>Well the first box on that application is to check that you’ve been invited to honors. The best thing to do is email honors asking if you can apply with your stats or not, and they’ll let you asap.</p>

<p>^^ Yeah, when I saw that pre-nap I thought it was a ‘check all that apply’ type of thing. lololll? </p>

<p>I’ll do that and see.</p>

<p><<1350/1600 SAT. 3.7 GPA.>></p>

<p>Bummer. My son has a 1330/1600 and a 3.9 GPA. Oh well…</p>

<p>In the interest of timing your honors applications (and/or asking about eligibility to apply) – I know of an applicant who received a letter yesterday inviting her to apply to the Honors Program by FEB. 10. I think this deadline was in order to be considered for scholarships and honors housing; there was a later deadline for the honors program alone.</p>

<p>The letter emphasized that this was NOT an admissions decision and that notification for admissions comes separately (and later).</p>