University of Alabama Admissions for Fall 2023

D23 applied 8/3. Got her snail mail package 9/17! Does anyone have any good advice/ sources of information about residence halls?

We got an email from the recruiter about a housing info zoom session they’re having next week. Maybe reach out to your local recruiter for info on signing up for one.

1 Like

Ah good info! We’ve gotten a ton of emails from them so I will go check or ask if we haven’t gotten that one.

1 Like

I got the email Friday. If you don’t see it, send me a message and I’ll see if I can send a link to register or at least the details. We don’t know much at all about housing there, so it might be a good place to start. Have you toured? We are going up on Friday
I expect they’ll have a little about housing on the tour.

Got the snail mail package today - really nicely done, Bama!
Still haven’t received anything in email, though, lol.

1 Like

my kiddo applied this past week; but waiting on school to send the transcripts. come on, school! (love the GC; but its all about housing really!) anyone apply in sept & see admittance shortly?

1 Like

D23 applied 8/3 and was accepted in last week’s wave (9/15?). Not sure if Bama does the releases in waves (or is it a tide? :wink:) like other schools.

4 Likes

Housing registration opens October 3. Lots of girls like to live in Tutwiler. You have to register early to get that.

3 Likes

When does scholarship info get disseminated?

1 Like

We were told on the tour that they start coming out early/mid December.

1 Like

The majority of their scholarships are on their website for out-of-state students.

My D 2023 has been accepted to UA, UA Honors and the STEM path to MBA. We still have the tour to do and decide on a dorm.

3 Likes

Congrats! Definitely do the tour. We toured last week and we were able to go inside the new Tutwiler - very nice, but my daughter doesn’t want a double. The bus tour did just a quick drive by of the other options, so you may want to see if there is a separate housing tour.
Overall, we enjoyed the tour - were surprised by some things - I think UA is now #3 on her list, but waiting on other acceptances before making a decision.

1 Like

Congrats!! Waiting on a decision and wondering when your D applied. Did she use the common app? Thx

Any downsides to the tour? Trying to evaluate all the pros/cons!

I will let you know after school today. It seems to me it was four weeks ago. She heard back in days for the application and then days again for Honors. (She is an auto-admit) She needed both acceptances to apply for Stem to MBA. That was also fairly quick. I had her apply fairly early to all the above as it is currently her number one choice. She also wants the 4 bedroom suites style associated/eligible for National Merit kids.

The tour itself was great! Started with a nice presentation with school info, dates/deadlines etc. Then we broke into 3 groups and took separate bus tours around campus, and ended with a short walk back to where we started. Guides were amazing
great job of giving information and being personable/relatable to the students on the tour.

We were a little surprised by how massive the campus felt, and it didn’t feel particularly walkable to us. This recent class is over 8,000 kids, and while they really try to make it “feel” like a smaller experience, that number was a little concerning to me. Alabama definitely has a unique vibe about it - and obviously most LOVE it. My daughter isn’t quite sure it is a fit for her, but with the generous amount of merit that UA gives, she really wants to like it! We will see

2 Likes

I visited my freshman last weekend. He rented a bike for the semester but only uses it to get to/from marching band from his dorm. Otherwise he walks and doesn’t feel like anything is very far. Even the grocery store is only about .5 miles so he walks that every couple weeks.

Most of his classes are on the small side. Ironically the one night one he has is the First Years Honors class with 100.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear! It’s probably a little harder to get an accurate idea of what it’s like to get around when you’re on the tour bus. The Rec Center in particular seemed “far out”, but the classroom buildings, student center etc did seem centralized. I guess it’s all relative!

She did not use the Common application but filled out the Alabama Application. She said she started mid August.