University of Miami class of 2022

hi i just found this thread and was hoping somebody could chance me
-applied ED
-SAT: 1350
-5 AP classes and everything else is mostly honors
-GPA: 96 (out of 100 pt scale)

• EC: 100+ community service hours, work experience, tutor, member of a few school clubs
  • AWARDS: science achievement award, leadership award, NHS member, school recognition award

Anyone know the date EA comes out?

^ EA decisions do not come out until late January. Which leads to my son’s question - why do they call it “Early”?

earlier than april?

has anyone heard anything/has any updates yet if you applied ED?? i can’t wait any longer

I applied EA
UW GPA: 3.3
weighted GPA (/4.3 with a 6 point grading scale at a good private school): 4.1
12 AP/IBs
Out of state
Good EC’s and Essay
ACT (not superscored): 35

Hopefully the ACT will propel me to acceptance and a $10,000+ scholarship but the GPA isn’t crazy but my grades did get a lot better after freshman year so who knows.

does anybody know why when you google the acceptance rate for ED it is much lower than the reg decision acceptance rate? reg decision acceptance rate is 37.8% yet the ED acceptance rate is listed as 29%
heres the link where i found this info

https://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/college/college_pg02_tmpl.jhtml?schoolId=1047

I noticed that too. Not sure if I believe it though, the admissions counselor from my region came to my school and I asked if ED helps and she said helps a lot for sure.

I believe that the information on CollegeData is self-reported by applicants, so it’s not entirely reliable.

So ED should hear back on Friday ?

does anyone know where on the canelink it will say the decision is ready to view?

chance me:
applied ED
-ACT: 31
-2 AP classes, SUPA Spanish (syracuse university spanish), college marketing, and honors english
-GPA: 3.45 (weighted)

@gfmiami22 you should get a message in the message center with your decision once its ready

@brent11 Depending on the major you applied to, with those stats the range of chance could be 30 to 90%. What did you apply to?

I applied ED and I am from Massachusetts. I have a 3.7 WGPA and an 1160 SAT. My high school is very competitive and does not inflate gpas. I take 2 AP’s and 2 Honors. I am a two sport varsity captain, and I am also very involved in the art program at my school. I started my own leadership program that tutors young children, I have a steady job, I created my own design company, I have led and ran successful fundraisers to build a school in Cambodia, and have many more extracurriculars as well. My essay is also very good. I know my scores are terrible but dying to know if I even stand a chance.

I applied EA and Im from Baltimore. I go to an all Jewish school so I have a dual curriculum with Judiac classes (12-14 classes every year). I have a 4.6 (weighted 4.0 scale) and a 31 on my ACT. I have 4 APs and the rest are honors. I’m part of NHS and I created my own community service project. I am going into a medical field and I was accepted to an extremely selective program at Brandies for women in STEM. I dance, manage the lacrosse teams at my school, and I’m yearbook editor.

On CaneLink did anyone else lose the application status tab? This tab disappeared but a bunch of financial links showed up under the “Financials” tab (although they do not contain any information when you click on them). I read the 2021 ED/EA thread and some people said this means you will be accepted. In my opinion, I think it just means that they are updating the site/preparing it for decisions. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? I applied ED.

For me on the CaneLink (full site) my application status is still there, but on my CaneLink (mobile site) my application status disappeared and financial stuff appeared. I’m so nervous for tomorrow, I check the CaneLink every two seconds. Did this happen to everyone else that applied ED???

so if it says “admission” on the side still of the mobile site that means you didn’t get in? i still have it lol rip if thats true

Same thing happened with mine it’s still there on the site but the mobile admissions tab is gone