University of Miami Class of 2024

Hi everyone !
I was waitlisted for fall 2020
Here are my stats for anyone that may find this helpful in some way:

OOS MA
Major: motion pictures
3.3 GPA ( my school does not weight gpa)
1100 SAT- 600 English, 500 math
4 AP, 3 honors classes
Visited Campus
Very strong essay, extracurriculars, and recs

Accepted (Fall) - Iowa
Arts and Sciences (Psychology)
32 ACT (35E, 28M, 34R, 29S, 9W)
3.54 UW GPA (7 APs, 4 Duals)
Very good extracurriculars
Worked 2 jobs for over three years each
Very unique common essay (guaranteed that nobody else wrote about my topic)
Letters of Recommendation were unique (one from the special ed. teacher whom I would go in during free time and help with the students, one from my english teacher)

@unspirituals
Congratulations! I gotta ask
what was your essay about?

Accepted from EA, but no scholarships. This is my top choice university. Is there anything I could do?

@Wmd818 - we didn’t see anything listed under awards in the financial aid section either. Not sure if it means we aren’t getting anything or it’s just not posted yet? Did yours have a message or was it blank?

@user_405750 It’s a little hard to find:
From the Student Center, choose View Financial Aid.
Click on the Aid Year 2021+.
From the menu at the top, choose Awards.

after i pressed 2021+ i got a blank page, is anyone else having this issue?

I got my acceptance for Electrical Engineering from Pa around 3:50. It’s exactly for me as described, and thank you SpartanDrew for the excellent insights and info. I was deferred EA, never had the green dot, never had the spring indication in the application status. Good luck to the class of 2025 and I think the green dot indicator is still applicable. The only difference this year was it’s much later arrival in the process for some. likely due to the Miami IT dept being on coronavirus-based shifts.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/profile/SpartanDrew

Congrats to all admitted and I’m so sorry for those who have not been. This year’s thread more than any year has proven the green dot theory. Even if you don’t have one early on they clearly mean something as no one admitted ever had one outside of deferred EA. Seems like all who had them were waitlisted deferred or denied. Trust me guys you’ll all end up where you’ll thrive.

I’m out! Only on here for a friend this year. Best of luck to all of you!

How do you check if you submitted all your financial aid information needed?

1 Like

Daughter was Deferred EA, then waiitlisted for Public Health.
OOS NJ
SAT 1420
3.97 QPA
6 APs
tons of extracurriculars, volunteer and leadership positions
Accepted: Indiana, U of South Carolina, U Maryland, U Wisconsin Madison
Waitlisted at Michigan, Miami, Wake Forest
Rejected at UNC, UVA, UTexas

Threw Miami in at the last minute and never visited campus

Decided last month to go to Wisconsin and super psyched!

My kids portal still has no decision, no letter. No change at all.

Try to click on the message or admission several times or on different page, I had the same problems but then somehow it showed after a few tries.

My daughter is accepted to Frost school of music for Piano Performance, the financial package looks good ($34k music scholarship) but we’ll still need to pay at least $15,000 more per year than FSU. Can anyone share the experience, if Frost/Miami is worth it for Music Performance majors?
Her GPA 4.3
SAT 1390
11 or 12 AP classes

@stressedsenior101 - our page is blank too. Has yours updated yet? Just wondering if that means no financial aid/ merit awards given??

@Jlh0204 this happened to me too. I found the solution though. You just have to wait a minute or so and eventually it comes up

Accepted after Deferred EA!

Civil Engineering

20k Presidential Scholarship
Total aid: 43k/yr

OOS Asian Male (CT)

1460 SAT superscore
Subject Tests: Math II 760 Physics 740
AP Calc AB exam (4)
3.55 UW/4.2W
Unique essay, 2 good recommendations and 1 average recommendation

Applied EA last minute :neutral:

Damn they gave me a lot! So thankful! Will be a tough choice between UConn, Miami, UCLA, or GAtech (latter 2 are on the waitlist)

Was anyone one of the “select few” accepted early admission and waiting for scholarship/aid notification with the regular decision determinations? My son was notified that was the plan for Frost students. He was early admitted to the MADE program, selected as a Foote Fellow, but has not received any update regarding merit awards. I’m trying to figure out whether a decision is forthcoming or whether getting no new information means no award. Can anyone tell me how you know definitively that you did not get an award? He doesn’t have any letter or link that tells him the total cost, EFC, etc. Did those who did not get awards still receive some sort of letter or cost breakdown?

Waitlisted
OOS- Puerto Rico
Major: Biology or Health Sciences (Pre-med)
SAT: 1340
GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.2 W
AP’s: Eng Lit, Span Lit, Calc AB, & US Gov. (School only offers 4 AP’s and they’re given in senior year)
HS Ranking: 5/52 (very sure), high school class is pretty small
ECs: Hospital Volunteer, Medical Observer, NHS President, Math Club, Literature Club, Catholic Youth, Theater Club, Class Treasurer
Very good recs, Good essay
Accepted: UMich, Minnesota, UW-Madison, Villanova, UF, UGA, CWRU
Waitlisted: UMiami, Boston College
Rejected: UNC

Thought I had the requirements, apparently I didn’t

@Cjhastings322 any change in your canelink? ours hasn’t changed at all still. Maybe we got pushed into a different stack?