University of Miami Class of 2027 Official Thread

If you have a specific question that you emailed your admission officer with I would be more than happy to try to assist you in a more timely manner.

Has ALL scholarship invites been emailed to students?

3 Likes

So scholarship invites for only premier scholarships have been sent out already, yes. However, the vast majority of our students have what is called the presidential scholarship or canes achievement scholarship in which the applicant will find out during their acceptance. The premier scholarship is different in that some students are named a finalist and then you have to write an additional essay. The other two scholarships I mentioned do not have any finalist or additional essay and instead are included with decisions. I hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Okay, thats what I thought :frowning: I was hoping he would of been selected for one of the premier scholarships. I am getting concerned as to what could be missing from his application that is not getting him these opportunites.

I know it can be easy to feel this way, but I can honestly say there is never something missing from an applicant. Every student whether invited or not deserves to be here. I truly wish that premier scholarship invites could be sent to every student, however, the reality is that it is a much smaller pool of the nearly 55k who apply. Everything including and especially essays are a big factor. The reality is that even with a perfect SAT or ACT score a student is not guaranteed an invite. Like I said, a lot of factors play into it. I truly can’t state enough how an invite does not mean that a student won’t get accepted, and it certainly doesn’t mean a student will not receive a scholarship. Everything will work out, I promise. The admissions staff here truly views every applicant as an individual and we do care I guarantee you that. Sometimes the best opportunities come from when you least expect them!

2 Likes

Hello everyone, it is with a very heavy heart that I wanted to inform you that one of our lead director of admissions just passed away. At this time, the office of admissions ask that you are understanding as we try to get back on our feet as quickly as possible. It is yet to be determined if decision release times will be delayed. Thank you for your understanding as we work through this difficult time. I will still do my best to answer any questions in the meantime.

Oh, Im so sorry for your loss. Our condolences go to you and the admissions staff.

2 Likes

The Website says early action will hear back late January-early February. It seems like the early decision 1 already heard back. Is there a decision thread for UM where people are posting acceptances and stats?

1 Like

If a student was deferred from ED 1 and is now in the regular decision pool, when will they hear back? April?

1 Like

Their website days “by April 1” for RD Pool.

EA - Deferred, PT. I am surprised as I thought she would get denied. Not super grades, varsity tennis state champ. Undecided about RD or ED2, would like to get $10K to ease the pain. What has been acceptance rate from RD pool?

My son applied EA. We confirmed on the CommonApp. When we went to the portal it had him down as RD. Does that mean he was deferred? I did not see a message on the portal saying deferred. We also did not get an email, ever. He went to the portal and put lost username and updated password.

My son received the full tuition Singer Scholarship. Fall 2023 admit. Does the scholarship cover the yearly tuition increase? Also, can someone comment on the housing situation for upperclassmen?

1 Like

I can’t say specific to UMiami but DS applied to Penn State EA but because SAT’s did not come in until after the 11/1 date they automatically put him in the RD pool. That might be something to look at. Same son was deferred at UMiami and had to elect to be put into RD pool (or EDII or Withdraw).

So very sorry for the loss of your admissions colleague.

If you have time, would you be able to answer a question about Frost students? My son was accepted to Frost, with invite to Foote Fellows invitation, but no mention of any merit award at all. Do these come later for Frost? It is his top choice but we had hoped for some merit.

Also, do you have more information on Foote Fellows- there is not too much on the site.

Thank you so much!

Hi there! My kid was deferred, but not from the MADE program, so, it could be different for you. I’ve heard that Frost doesn’t make financial offers until the RD deadline, which means late March. I’m not affiliated with UM and could be 100% wrong, but that’s what my research has turned up on the music major forums.

2 Likes

As stated on another thread, I am trying to get additional information for those wondering about Frost scholarships.

1 Like

IMPORTANT: Frost students merit based scholarships will come out at a later date closer to end of March, beginning of April! I hope this helps everyone.

1 Like

This thread is so quiet. I know the UM states RD issued by 3/31 but does anyone know if they typically release in waves of if it will really be a release of all decisions at once? DS also applied to Syracuse (more local to us) and they similarly publish the end of March but apparently release Fridays throughout March.