University of Miami EA 2022

@JerseyPops Here on the left coast in the Peoples Republic of California it’s against the law to give less than a “B”. Everyone here is above average. :slight_smile:

@ucfdefere They are the weak link in his application, no doubt. But when you look at average test scores for any school, remember that certain majors are pulling the average up(STEM), while others are pulling it down. So a score too low for engineering or computer science might be just right for something else.

Thank you so much for your perspective and feedback @EDHDAD I know my Math section score is low, but you are completely right that all of my strengths match up to my major, which isn’t a competitive field (academically speaking) you can be a journalist with a 800. If I was going for Pre-Med I would have no leverage or chance whatsoever lol. Other than that, my transcript squashes any allegations of inflation. Plus my school is a College Board Prep school, none of that can occur when the school has that type of accreditation. Everything matches up, I just gotta hope my math score isn’t that much of a barrier @ucfdefere

Shifting away from that, is there any new info on EA decisions whatsoever?

@EDHDAD Too funny. Wouldn’t want to melt anyone.

@ucfdefere I’m hoping on Monday, but anything you hear on here is strictly speculation.

My d didn’t get a fedex email about a package to be delivered from UM so this makes me so sad for her. From another discussion, it seems like students in the US have received the Fedex Email as well. I convinced myself that only the international students are getting them.

@Cryssand21 I think the FedEx package is only for international applicants- NOT US applicants.

I really hope so…

Just checked my son’s Cane Link account and his admissions was updated to admitted. I called admissions because there is no other communication from them in the communication center. Admissions said that it’s not official until you get a notice in the communication center but the information posted is legitimate. Son had 4.11 weighted GPA and 1510 SATs. Good luck to everyone!