University of Miami EA 2022

@queenofwien it is separate under Financial Aid tab.

got in with president’s scholarship $30000 per year.
i am an international student from China and go to a high school in MD
1450 SAT
105 TOEFL
4.5/4.0 GPA
great recommendations from School headmaster and teachers

My DD got waitlisted with a 1440 SAT, 4.0UW, 4.3 W GPA. OOS Not keeping spot on waitlist. Good luck to those accepted.

While I received an invitation to scholarship weekend for the Stamps Scholarship, the Isaac Bashevis Singer Scholarship, and the Marta S. and L. Austin Weeks Endowed Scholarships couple of weeks ago and thus knew of my acceptance earlier, I didn’t receive my official acceptance letter until yesterday. In the portal, I had:
-An official acceptance letter to the School of Nursing as a Public Health Major (first choice)
-A 28K a year (112K total) Presidents Scholarship
-A notification that I was missing my tax return and W-2 forms and that I needed to submit them to be considered for need based scholarships
-An invitation to apply for the Lead Miami Student Employment Program

Congrats to everyone accepted!

I am here to give everyone with low SAT scores hope. I got accepted with lower than a 1100 (someone said they wont accept me with lower than that score). Don’t give up!

I don’t think everyone needs super high SAT/ACT scores as long as other aspects of the application are strong. I got only a 26 on my ACT but I’ve been taking honor classes since freshman year and AP classes since sophomore year. My GPA is okay as it’s a 3.96 UW. I also have multiple EC’s under my belt, like volunteering, working over the summer, and going to a Caribbean island for an expedition one summer, etc. I also think my personal essay was pretty strong as I’ve gotten a lot of good feedback and I love to write creatively.

I feel like as long as there are other aspects of the app. that are really good, you should be fine.