University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Yea.

Yep

wait I can change it now too. I couldn’t yesterday, though. Does that mean something

can u switch major?

i think we all can switch majors now. i don’t think it means anything

it says i can switch it but i was asking to see if it meant anything. if some ppl could and others couldn’t that would hint that maybe the people that could got accepted. but i think everyone can switch theirs so now idk.

It’s looking like the ability to change majors might be a good sign you’re getting in, because I can’t switch mine (it was a reach and I wasn’t expecting an acceptance)

ok, it may be a sign

Oops never mind. I can change it now.

1 Like

lol

I think it means decisions are coming soon not necessarily you are admitted or not but that they are coming soon

2 Likes

Does anyone know how much Miami considers demonstrated leadership/extracurriculars in their decision?

@collegelover99 you can see what they SAY they consider in the Common Data set at https://www.irsa.miami.edu/_assets/pdf/cds1920.pdf.

Extracurriculars are marked as very important, while talent/ability and personal characteristics are merely important. Make of that what you will. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Someone brought up a good point that April 1st their regular decision date is a Thursday so who knows​:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I applied ED1 and was deferred. The day of, maybe a few hours before decisions came out, my portal changed and instead of saying I applied ED it said Regular Decision. This happened to everyone else I know that was deferred from UM that day. Just wanted to put that info out there.

6 Likes

May I ask what were your stats? As in GPA, Rank, Test scores etc.

No, I’m just going to wait. My daughter emailed the counselor last week and she told her the same generic response “End of the month”.

Sure.
3.98 GPA W
Did not submit test scores
9 Honors/APs
1 College Course through Syracuse University
Started two fundraisers
Worked two jobs
100+ Community Service Hours
3 Year Varsity Athlete (quit this year bc of COVID)
Babysitter
Multiple Clubs
Extremely well-written essays
I know my stats aren’t as high as many others applying, but I had a very strong personal essay and supplement. I also dealt with mental health issues that caused my GPA to suffer which I indicated on my application.

2 Likes

Wow, those are good stats in my opinion.

So did they explain how the deferment will work?

I am so stressed lol, I have a 3.8 UW/4.8W first-generation, immigrant and I’m an IB student but so many students from my school apply and they’re all very good as well. UM is my top school so I hope it goes well. I just got deferred by Northeastern so I am very anxious.