University of Miami EA Class of 2025

Waitlisted. But she’s in at Florida, Georgia and Florida State w/OOS waiver, so not even sad. UM wasn’t even in her top 5 anymore (maybe they could tell?) Best wishes to everyone!

1 Like

after all, it is a business - asking never hurts…

DD deferred EA & WL today. She probably won’t opt to sign up for WL since we would need merit aid to make Miami work for us. Obviously, chances for this are extraordinarily slim at this point.

1 Like

@CollegeYaYa same boat. Deferred EA & now WL. Need merit as well.

1 Like

Daughter accepted after being deferred! $22K scholarship.

2 Likes

Admitted for Spring after being deferred. No thanks. We’ll take the huge scholarship from UF (fall admit) or the wonderful acceptance to UCLA. Wow, this year is so random.

9 Likes

Admitted for spring and got in for business😊. Congratulations to everyone!!

1 Like

My daughter similar - with $25K and an invite into Da Vinci which didn’t seem appealing to her. 30 ACT, 32 SS, 3.98 GPA with 4.5 weighted.

Interesting the scholarship for a deferred student was the same as those accepted EA. I figured if she got in this round, they’d offer less.

My D was waitlisted. She’s moving on. Congrats to all who were accepted!

3 Likes

Differed from EA, then Accepted today into honors with presidential scholarship!! Grateful and excited!!

1 Like

Deferred EA and then accepted to spring 2022! SO excited to be accepted at all (I know how competitive it is!)

1 Like

@CollegeYaYa they say they will meet 100% of the EFC so you’d get aid up to that amount if you filled out the FAFSA

They will meet full demonstrated need as institutionally determined by data provided on the CSS profile. This number can differ dramatically from the fafsa EFC.

Has anyone been able to schedule a tour between in april? We have never had a chance to visit and would like to take my son to see it. Thank you!

@DoingOurBest I suppose the EFC could differ depending on your financial situation but ours was what we expected from previous years filling out the FAFSA for our older daughter.

Yes - there are tours for accepted students. My son was accepted EA in January. He recently got an email with a unique link to schedule a tour (I assume to prevent juniors and non-accepted students from filling the few spots each day). The indoor info session is limited to student and one guest. The outdoor tour follows and is limited to student and two guests. I assume your child will get an email about it soon. Our tour is scheduled for Tuesday of this week (a very popular week due to spring break for high schools).

1 Like

I’m sure that, for some people, the “need” generated using the css profile is similar to that of the fafsa. But, that’s not the case for everyone.

The css profile is far more invasive and may paint a much different financial picture than the fafsa alone. For example, the Profile may ask about home equity or grandparent-owned 529s if the student is a named beneficiary. These are items the fafsa doesn’t ask about. Additionally, divorced parents typically need to also submit a non-custodial parent CSS Profile. With the fafsa, only the custodial parent submits info.

I was just trying to point out that students can’t just look at their fafsa generated EFC and assume that UM will fill that entire gap.

2 Likes

I’ve been curious as to how they are handling ‘meets need’ and if students are actually getting financial aid that is close to EFC or if UM recalculated in their favor. Would be interested to hear some feedback on that from those that rec’d FA already.

Thank you!!

UM HPM invitation out?