University of Miami - Early Action Decisions/When do we find out?!?!?!?!

S got in!
Florida Resident
Presidential Scholarship $28K per year
Florida Resident Access Grant $3K per year
Complete Financial Aid Package: $34,500
Mechanical Engineering
SAT: 800/M, 770/CR, 720/W
SAT SUBJ. TEST: 800/ML2, 790/Physics, 730/Bio
UW:4.00
W: 5.14
16 AP throughout HS - National AP Scholar at the end of Junior Year
2 DE
National Merit Semi Finalist (Finalist very likely)
National Hispanic Scholar
Also admitted to Northeastern as University Scholar (full tuition), USC (likely Presidential Scholar - 1/2 tuition), Boston College, UCF, FIU Presidential Scholarship (full tuition, books, fees)

Accepted (from MA), then received an email with the Canes Achievement Award (11K per year).

Accepted from Westchester Cty, NY…SAT 2050, undeclared business. Waiting to get email to see if I get scholarship.

Accepted with 34ktotal in aid/scholarship.

Now some decisions to be made.

@superk25 How were you notified of scholarship? I received an email to check the portal, but it didn’t say anything about scholarship. Appreciate it if you could let me know. :slight_smile:

May I ask what ur stats were? Did anyone get in with decent stats not to high

Ok I was worried because a lot of people I know heard back

I received an email, and the PDF is listed in my canelink.

My stats are OOS, 3.6GPA and 29 ACT.

@alpaca1 same here, for 14,000. Still don’t think I can afford tuition with that, my EFC is zero… Don’t know where they think I’m gonna get another 52,000 a year lol. Does the actual financial aid award letter that comes in the mail factor in any more grants or need-based aid?

Rejected. 31 ACT 3.6 UW gpa.
My rejection letter reads:

Thank you for your interest in the University of Miami. I regret to inform you we are unable to offer you admission to the University of Miami at this time. One of the most difficult tasks of the Office of Undergraduate Admission is sending a letter like this. We appreciate the work you have done in high school to reach this point, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

If you are still interested in attending the University of Miami, we encourage you to apply as a transfer student upon completion of one year of study (10 courses) at an accredited college or university.

same

Accepted (out of state) into Comm major with $25k/year! Ecstatic but probably won’t attend because of UCF’s NMF scholarship package vs. the cost of UM, even with the generous offer.

Accepted OOS (North Carolina)
3.8 Unweighted 4.4 Weighted
27 ACT
A lot of leadership, community service and I play two varsity sports
Black (Haitian-American Female)
Didn’t receive any notification of scholarships yet but I applied to the George W. Jenkins scholarship (full ride) back in December.

I’m really considering Miami but the financial aid package needs to be stellar.

To all that got deferred or rejected, I promise you that this is not the end. It may feel devastating now but in retrospect, everything happens for a reason.

@caliapplicant I have a 3.6 UW and a 4.7 Weighted CUM, a lot of leadership and community service, a job at a law firm, dance team member, nationally recognized debater.

ACT 27
SAT 1800

didn’t get in either

For those of you who did not see any financial aid information when you checked the portal, I would suggest you check again in a while. My daughter’s financial aid communication showed up about 30 minutes after the acceptance.

Son got accepted this evening to RSMS. He is ecstatic as Miami is the only school that offers a formal program in Marine Biology/Computer Science. The Communications link says he’s missing his W-2 but he did not receive a W-2! So he doesn’t know his FA package yet. His EFC is $2,300.

^^ FA pkg will be based on FAFSA/CSS so soon he will be getting the FA pkg.

I was deferred OOS (nursing school) 1890 SAT, 4.0, top 6% of class

What does it mean when they say on the portal that the decision is mailed?

I was accepted. 1950 SAT, rank 17/220 (92%), UW GPA 3.68, Weighted SUS 4.5. Almost no club or leadership experience but a lot of volunteer work, and I would think I had a good essay.