University of Miami - Early Action Decisions/When do we find out?!?!?!?!

Denied:
SAT: 2150
SAT2: 740 Math2 800 Math1 800 Chemistry
GPA: 3.9
10 AP Classes
Probably denied because it was a safety for me and I (in the most selfless way possible) believe I was overqualified which I know they take into consideration. However, I was accepted into my #1 so I’m content. Good luck to all!!!

Denied.
2030 SAT
(700 M) (660 W) (670 CR)
3.45 UW

accepted with 29k a year scholarship

4.0 unweighted
34 act

@Griffinwilson79 you posted a totally different profile a few weeks ago:

01-07-2016 at 2:47 pm
Accepted and super stoked!
SAT: 2290
SATII: 800 Math1 740 Math2
GPA: 3.55 Unweighted
27k/year

My son was accepted with $20,000/yr scholarship. 32 ACT (34 Superscore), 3.8 UW/4.3 W. Good leadership, EC Good luck everyone!

good eye, Clarinet Dad, just a troll

accepted, $24,000 total, live in Miami, ecstatic

Daughter was accepted! OOS - Delaware

Henry Caballero Endowed Scholarship - 2,000
UM Coral Grant - 19,800

She has a 4.1 GPA, 710 M, 700 CR, 680 W…wondering why she didn’t get a larger scholarship?

What does undergraduate decision mailed mean? - I feel like it may be a rejection letter since everyone else is receiving their admission decision online…

D received $25,000 Presidential scholarship with a 34 ACT (superscore) and 4.0UW GPA, most rigorous courses available, lots of leadership and ECs. She was hoping for a Singer invite, but…nope.

Got in with a 3.95 UW and a 1990
no scholarship notification-does that mean I didn’t get any money?

it means they mailed out your decision. you should be able to click on it somehow to actually see the letter. the websites really confusing so you might have to click around a bit before you get the letter to open lol

Thank you!

We applied to U Miami without seeing the school and on the recommendation of college counselor. Can anyone tell me what they think are the main pros and cons of the school? I have read a few other posts here on CC from UM students that many of the kids there are smart, but underachieving rich kids who party too much. What does everyone else think about it? Thanks.

@ClarinetDad16 The 2290 is a superscored SAT which I do not believe was sent to Miami. 3.55 is unweighted GPA 3.9 weighted…

Son accepted OOS NJ
Business- Finance w $21 K presidential scholarship
ACT 28, SAT 1980, GPA 3.9 unweighted, GPA 4.3 weighted
Varsity Lacrosse 4 years, Varsity Cross Country 3 years, Team Captain
Lots of volunteer work / community service
Excellent recommendation letters

To griffinwilson79: How did you get accepted on Jan 7 and rejected yesterday? Please explain, or let all know if you are just fooling around on CC? My son’s stats are almost identical to yours (the ones you posted Jan 7 - before EA decisions were even out) except that his GPA is higher - and he was accepted with a nice scholarship. He does not consider himself overqualified, just fortunate that Miami wanted him.

I don’t think I received any scholarship money; however, UM only has my 1940 sat score. If i send a better sat score which is 2020, will they reevaluate the amount of merit scholarship they are willing to give me?

@londondad - there are lots of student reviews about the U of Miami college atmosphere on uni go and Niche.

@momfactfinder Thanks. Yes, that is what worries me. Most of the reviews write about the partying, rich kids on campus and football games. When you drill down into the academics, it seems like the rigor of the academics and the professors are good, but not great. I will try and do more research before drawing any conclusions and of course wait to see where else he gets into.