University of Miami Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

Yay. Daughter accepted.

2 Likes

My daughter got in!!!

2 Likes

Where do you see the admissions decision? I don’t see it!

1 Like

in applicant portal - there is a link that says updated

1 Like

Oh, duh, this is an ED thread! We won’t hear from EA until January to early Feb!

2 Likes

Did anyone that was accepted ED get any merit money?

The website says “applying under the Early Decision I or II deadline is neither an advantage nor a disadvantage in the merit scholarship selection process.”

Just wondering if there are really any merit scholarships given in ED and if so, how much?

Great question! I am curious as well!

Just wondering if there are really any merit scholarships given in ED and if so, how much?

Most definitely. ED1 (last year). $25k per year.

1 Like

That is great to know. Thanks for sharing. Any idea of the range of stats for those that received merit in ED?

Mine got 24K in merit. ED acceptance. The rest was FA.

My son is ED1 for Fall 2022 and got merit money. We did not expect it at all and didn’t even notice it at first when he got the email acceptance. $25/year.

1 Like

3.8 unweighted - Mostly A’s for all 4 years, about 5 A-'s and 1 B and B+ (year end grades).
2-4 honors or Ap’s per year
Test Optional
Not sure if helped here but started social impact business that gave $40k to charity in 2020.

1 Like

Great stats! That is very helpful. Awesome to hear that quite a few received merit money.

My S23 plans on visiting over spring break.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted into the nursing program ED1 and received $22K. Her stats were similar to @mtnsun13. We also were not expecting it, but were obviously super grateful and excited.

2 Likes

3.9 unweighted, 8 AP classes, 31ACT, good EC’s.

Does anyone know when EDII decisions will be released?

Late February - as it says on the website is correct. EA has to come out first. Then it takes a bit.

1 Like

Anyone deferred from ED1? I sent my letter of continued interest today but not my semester one grades for my senior year because they arent the best … do I still have a good shot? 88% GPA (school doesn’t do 4 point scale or ranking), test optional, tons of EC business-related (business major), 5 AP classes, jobs/internships in business field, 4 dual enrollment college classes, ballet dancer, and wrote my essay about passion for business! My only worry is that my GPA is a little low… hopes are up though!!

In general with any deferral you need to put your best foot forward and send then as much as you can showing that you still really want to be there and why they really need to have you there. With grades - if you were deferred to RD then your school is going to have to send a midyear report to the school. The grades will be part of your total package. Hard to know what will happen past that part.

Good Luck!!! Hope you get it!!