University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Thanks. Nice relief in a scary year.

2 Likes

Congrats… That’s awesome.

1 Like

The EA applications are up 16% this year, an astonishing number.

Where did u see that

Wow man, congratulations. That is awesome. Dartmouth is one of my top choices too, hope I get in regular and maybe meet you on campus. Would you mind sharing your ECs, stats, and general profile.

1 Like

Can you provide support for that stat?

Sure. In brief, 4.0 UW, 1540, regular no-hook applicant. Good luck. What’s your first choice right now?

Thanks for the wishes. My first choice is MIT, then Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, Columbia, and then Dartmouth before most of the state unis.

1 Like

I want to drive a Ferrari🚗… Oh well… Congrats.

Yes, I was told by senior Alumni Student Representative, who also indicated that they had received over 55k in EA applications alone.

How does that compare to last year? Any idea?

Hey guys! I’m new to this, but any update on the ea decision date? I know it usually comes out around this time, so hopefully the pandemic doesn’t push it back

The general consensus on here is that it is pushed back to late January.

They originally pushed it back 2 weeks anyway but students are hearing from their schools mid to late January. I called for you guys and Michigan Admissions said later January.

1 Like

aw no. i wanna hear back so bad.

@audreyava Keep in mind with UMich admissions, especially out of state, deferrals are common. It’s definitely a school where admissions requires patience. My student LOVES it. Even in the craziness of college in a pandemic, so well worth it in my mind. If you get deferred take time to regroup, continue to show interest, send 2nd semester grades ect.

Ok thank you. They come out in january right? I hope they surprise us and come out earlier

@audreyava I don’t have any inside scoop with the admission decision time line, but on the Umich website it says late January. This board will have the best info closer to then. My student sent in one update to the UMich Admission officer a month before EA decisions came out. After deferral they gave students an opportunity to write an additional essay on a form and after a week or so (once the sting of the deferral wore off) that was filled out. The high school college counselor also sent recent grades. It was a very long wait for acceptance! Hopefully you will get an early admit, but if not just know some decisions come late. Of course having other early acceptances is important while waiting. My student loves the UMich kids. It sounds like a great group!! Best of luck!

I just wanted to backup the same sentiment expressed here. No doubt, UMich had issues handling Covid, but amazingly enough, my kid said this semester was by far her best semester of the 5 semesters spent in A2 thus far. She was all remote, but really enjoyed her classes and labs.

1 Like

Hey everyone! How we feeling with abt a month left before decisions? Feel free to drop your major below to see what everyone else is thinking of studying while we wait! :slight_smile: