University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

i mean a lot
of schools will just say what is on their website but then maybe surprise you idk

That is what I was told. And I was told there was zero chance of hearing anytime in December.

oh ok got you :+1:

Could u guys chance me pls for umich EA? Here are my stats/info (I am in state btw)

GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.5 W, top 10%
SAT: 1430
APs: 5 on psych, 3 on gov, taking calc and bio this year
IB tests: 7 on Spanish SL, 6 on psychology SL, taking math, history, biology, Spanish (HL), and English this year (I am an IB diploma candidate)

Extracurriculars:

• 4 year varsity tennis, senior captain
  • DECA (business competition club) VP of Marketing/Comms
  • Student council rep for class of 2021
  • NHS member
  • National art honor society
  • Key club
  • Environmental club
  • Communication director for professional women’s tennis tournament
  • Tap dancer for 13 years
  • Job: Camp counselor, youth tennis coach, ref, tournament director
  • Youth leadership program

Honors:

• AP scholar
  • DECA internationals qualifier
  • Regional Scholar Athlete award
  • Honor roll

Essays:
Personal statement: A metaphor involving my curly hair, identity, and learning to value differences in myself instead of resent them

Community essay: the community of “in between”, being in between my Arab and American identities

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I would think, although it does look like on the Common App page they show what each school requires and they do seem to ask for the Mid Year Report, so I guess it looks like he’s sending it. I agree that by the time ours go out, the decisions may be out, but assuming my kid is deferred, which based on the program he applied to is likely, then he will need it sent regardless.

You look to be competitive especially since instate. As usual have back ups. Also what is your school’s history with sending students to Michigan and what were their scores to get in? Naviance might help. Good luck… BTW - really like the essay topics.

Thanks! My school doesn’t have Naviance unfortunately, but I know last year around 25 went to umich, I think on average it’s more like 20. I need to stay in state because of cost so I’m really hoping for UMich, but otherwise I would probably attend MSU :confused: not a bad school by any means I just want a bit more.

My son has his HAIL interview tomorrow. Can somebody kindly provide inputs? What questions are asked? How long it is? The alumni who got in touch with my son is going to call him on his cell phone. There is no zoom or skype interview. TIA!

My son has not received a request for a HAIL interview. Does that mean he isn’t being considered for acceptance EA? How are you informed about the request for an interview, email or UMich portal?

HAIL interviews are only offered to kids who apply to the college of engineering. Not all engineering students get an interview and I believe that’s mostly due to location and access to an interviewer. Not getting an interview doesn’t hurt chances of admission in any way according to their website.

1 Like

@Sam4818 My son had a HAIL interview and here is what he said. It was relaxed and the alumni asked a little about what interested him about UMich and Engineering in general. The interviewer then shared some of his experiences at Michigan and asked a few questions about my son’s interests, involvements ect. He asked him if he had any questions and he had a few ready. The HAIL interviews are said to be informative not evaluative and that’s the feeling my son got. It helped him get to know UMich better. Good luck!

@MichAgain He received an email about the interview and then set it up. If you do not receive one it is not a reflection of the applicant, but instead interview availability. If offered always take it though.

@2022soon Thank you for your reply.
@MichAgain My son received an email just before Thanksgiving to set up an interview. His interviewer contacted him last week.
@jhcr236 Until now they did a face-face at a coffee shop or a public place that’s why they couldn’t offer it to all because of location and availability constraints of interviewers. This year due to the pandemic its going to be virtual…

1 Like

Thanks!

Not always face to face in the past. My kids had them in the past few years and one didn’t even have a local interviewer which was strange and in the other’s case the interviewer wasn’t that close to us and wanted my kid to travel to see her the day before Thanksgiving which was just not going to happen. Wound up doing a phone call. The OOS alum was amazing, such a great experience for my kid. My son this year hasn’t received a HAIL interview but we’re not sweating it.

1 Like

What you say in your essays is very important to the admissions process for Michigan. Stats are important but they truly do take a holistic approach. Good Luck!

1 Like

My Dd applied to Stamps. My understanding is decisions are coming in late Jan for ea applicants…?

1 Like

Does it mean anything to get an email from Ross at this point? It was basically just informational and saying how they will be reviewing my app EA, but could that hint of an acceptance to my home school since you need to get into there first? or is that a reach? Like did everyone get that email a couple days ago

I didn’t apply to Ross, so I can’t accurately answer your question, but I haven’t received an email from them since I submitted my application (other than the standard college mail they send to everyone).

I applied to Ross and haven’t received an email. I wouldn’t look too much into it, it might just be confirmation of your preferred admission to Ross.

Was the email the one that has a link to the blog post about how and when Ross applications are reviewed? My son received that email about a week ago. He also received something similar at the end of November. Here is the link:
https://michiganross.umich.edu/undergraduate/bba/admissions/admissions-blog/2020/11/20/you-met-early-action-deadline-and-applied?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=bba&utm_content=newsletter&utm_term=022520