University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Did anyone get denied? It appears that all were deferred or accepted.

does umich reject in EA??

Expected deferral. We’re a feeder OOS to UM and more high stats kids including National Merit were deferred than the kids who got in, with the exception of 1 that got in. Still a bummer though.

I recall that in previous posts people familiar with the deferral/postponement process there mentioned there were two different types of deferrals. One that asked for no further information if I recall, and one that asked for a letter/form. For those familiar with the process, am I correct, what’s the difference and is it better to have one type than the other? @sushiritto @Knowsstuff maybe you know?

i saw one person say they did

Yes, there was at least one denial post. But i was flying through all your posts.

1 Like

I am so confused. I don’t have anything under messages. When I go to my application it is a blue screen that says “application currently being reviewed, check back later.” What does this mean??

Accepted to LSA
Out of state (cali)
4.0/4.5
Lots of leadership ec’s, part-time job, and demonstrated interest
8 ap’s

Good luck to all the deferred and congrats to all the accepted!!

1 Like

Son was also deferred, but had no request for this essay. I am a UM alum, so they probably did not think continued interest was an issue. So no, the request for the essay is not done across the board. However, asking whether we should prepare one and send to UM anyway?

OOS VA, 3.9 W, 1460 SAT, 8 APs. LSA Econ/Ross

Notice specifically said they wanted to see 1st Semester grades. Fortunately for him, these are all As so hopefully after receiving them he will get in.

Yes! Thank you so much! Still shook and feels great after getting deferred from NEU

3 Likes

You should reload the page and see under the message section. It appears over there

you were deferred because you were overqualified :blush:

1 Like

Congrats to everyone that got in
Go Blue
To those that got deferred /postponed follow the instructions they emailed you

Being deferred is the norm so your still in the game…

My friends daughter oos accepted 4.0 unweighted, 1520 and 34 Act… LSA.

1 Like

omg I saw you on the NEU thread!! I also was deferred from there and just got accepted to UMich!

1 Like

Yikes! You should have gotten in.

1 Like

Accepted
OOS Legacy (which I think may help w concerns about yield though they claim not to consider it)
4.0 UW
36 ACT (not superscored)
National Merit Semi
11 AP
No class rank from very competitive HS in NE

1 Like

Daughter Accepted InState to LSA

3.97UW
1470SAT
2 Sports and 2 EC’s
Rank 7 out of 690
Biased, but essays built on main EC of Model UN
Created website for new MUN to help learn how to do research and write position papers, etc…

Congrats to those accepted and continued good luck to the Postponed!!

1 Like

I also was with you guys! I was accepted to NEU and deferred from UMich… Do not know how to feel about that

2 Likes

I don’t see any update when I click on application status all it says is submitted?

Perhaps. NEU is still an amazing school

CoE deferred :sob: