University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

okay, thanks!

They defer most EA applicants

Sorry yes deferral. Maybe should add word, As expected, deferral. Lol.

Postponed vs deferred is just an elitist way of saying deferral. The Ivy’s do it too. Same thing, no big deal. Why do you think they had 2 types of letters?

Deferral/postponement is the majority posted here on CC.

From what I’ve quickly read I don’t think everyone gets the request for an additional essay.

what were your stats?

Thanks! It seems like some people didn’t get the request for the essay. Any theories on what the difference might be?

Is there a group for accepted students?

DS Accepted
OOS California
SAT 1510
4.05 GPA (some strange calculation)
Extra curricular could have been the key because he works with UMich hundreds of hours a year, received Presidential Service Award for that community service.

This is after a string of tough ones and I’m sure some rejections to follow as he reached high. I hope the best for everyone.

1 Like

Deferred? Oy. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, I think it may have depended on the type of transcript submitted. I/we assume those applicants with more “variability” with past grades got the letter asking for 1st semester senior year grades.

IN!

1510 SAT, 3.95 UW, below average ECs, good school-level awards

Accepted, In State, School of Nursing. No financial need.

3.95 GPA unweighted. 32 ACT

Hospital volunteer and trainer, things of that nature. Too excited to even type!

1 Like

This poster said the 250-word essay is in the portal. Can anyone verify? Does anyone not have an essay requirement?

If it’s not everyone, then I would assume UMich is asking for some sort “demonstrated interest.”

1 Like

yes! I have it

1 Like

My son got accepted today. His got email to complete CSS I think 2 weeks ago. None today.

I got one today and did.

1 Like

He said there is a form for expression of continued interest that’s max 250 words and how your educational goals connect to Michigan and then any additional info you would like to add and that they say this is the only way to send additional info that’ll be considered. He then told me that he can also send his mid year grades. He will of course send those.

Does anyone with a postponement have something different or less they’re asking for?

I actually got like 4 CSS emails this month. It was def suspicious

Admitted:

OOS
33 ACT
3.8 UW GPA
Double Legacy
LS&A

5 Likes

My daughter was accepted to Engineering

OOS - Connecticut
UW - 4.0 Weighted - 4.29
SAT 1490
Multiple sports, clubs and job

Not sure if it helped, but double legacy (both parents)

Was very worried after Ga Tech denial, but this is SO much better!

5 Likes