University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I don’t see a form for a LOCI on my portal

We didn’t either.

Daughter got accepted to College of Engineering! So happy and humbled.

OOS(Texas)
Major: COE (applied for Computer Engineering)
GPA: 4.0(unweighted), 5.497(weighted)
SAT: 1570
IB diploma candidate
Many AP/IB classes with all 5 in AP
Marching band, DECA, NHS and lots of other school clubs with leadership positions in many of these clubs
Good amount of volunteer hours
NASA SEES Summer internship
Additional CS courses outside school
Part-time job etc.

1 Like

Stats?

@StrogMedicine Thanks for all your info! And congrats!

Strog called it about 6 weeks ago. :smiley:

1 Like

Both my twins are in!!!:grin:

12 Likes

If there is no request for LOCI should my son send one in anyway?

Just follow the instructions. They want to make sure you really want to go. Many will not write another essay so that rules them out. There really is no difference
But to them it means something. Many schools do this

1 Like

Everyone deferred or postponed should have the option to write an LOCI. This is my recommendation from what I saw last year. Don’t write it today. Take some time. Think about what you really want to show and tell at this point that you couldn’t or didn’t last fall when you applied.

OOS Daughter accepted to School of Nursing!
Go Blue!!!

1 Like

Hmmm strog or singing bus driver… Hmmm…

Do you know if they care about when you submit it?

ie would it be bad if you submitted it later and it would it show you are less interested?

OOS Accepted into LSA for Physics! So excited

1 Like

Did anyone even get rejected? Everyone got either accepted or deferred

Quick question. For those who got admitted, is their a button for you to submit final transcripts? I don’t have it on my portal and neither is there a deadline for submitting final transcript under the ‘Important Dates’ section in Enrollment Connect.

Already said I was accepted but here are my stats:
OOS California
LSA
SAT: 1440
GPA: 4.47 weighted 3.9 unweighted
7 AP’s; 2 college courses
Good demonstrated interest (visited school, dad went there, said in my essay that I would go if accepted)
I didn’t think my extracurriculars/activities were that good, but I had 2 internships that I think were definitely factors that helped me get in
Pretty good essays, didn’t really like my community one, but my Why Mich one was good

3 Likes

The essay for continued interest is usually offered to students who tried to submit additional info about themselves after their application was received. There was an article in the Michigan Daily last year about this option.

Also just wanna say thanks to everyone on here; you guys helped a lot throughout this whole process

5 Likes

@Simster4328 No idea. I’ve always heard with UM they want you to follow exactly what they tell you and not anything more. But others who have been there can opine from experience.

I told ya all it was going to blow up around here.

Follow the above if your deferred

1 Like