University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Last year there was a due date. So, you’d need to send it by then. Last year EA came out on, I think, 12/19 and the due date was 2/1. Im sure it won’t be 2/1 this year!

Accepted into LSA OOS (applied as a CS major)!!!
1590/4.0 UW

It was a shock but I’m so so happy! Also, does anyone know when Residential College decisions come out?

2 Likes

Deferred.

OOS from IL.
4.76 W, 4.0W
1510 SAT
7APs, decent ECs
College of Engineering

Did anyone receive email? Or just checked website?

2 Likes

No. Michigan does not preference housing. There is a housing form due date in May. They guarantee housing for everyone who applies by that date. You can state some preferences on the housing form, but you can’t choose your dorm. After the due date, you can still apply for housing, but not guaranteed.

Portal first. Email just came through 10min ago.

UMich does not prioritize based on date of acceptance. My son is a freshman. He was accepted off the waiting list last year. He was placed in a good dorm on Central Campus.

FWIW…my D was deferred. She had approx. 24 classes during her first 3 years of HS, all honors/AP/DE. She received 2 Bs (1 freshman year, 1 junior year), the rest As (the school doesn’t give + or -). IMO not much variability there. She was asked to submit mid-year grades.

I had a 32 ACT and 3.4 GPA (which dragged me down), great essays and EC’s, but I go to a feeder prestigious NYC private school which boosts my GPA

My daughter was deferred and got an email at 4:47pm.

1 Like

If you re check your portal, it’ll be in action items

Hey all! I was accepted to LSA from out of state!

ACT: 36
SAT subject tests: 800 (math II) and 780 (bio M)
APs: took 6 and got all 5s

Congrats to everyone for putting yourself out there!

5 Likes

I don’t think they prioritize housing. As a matter of fact, other than ranking the 3 “areas” of campus in preference order, you do not get to select or rank specific dorms either. At least this is how it was for my current 2023 student

1 Like

I got accepted! College of Engineering! :smile:

2 Likes

Accepted OOS from Chicago public school (competitive)

College of Engineering
4.9W, 3.9 UW
1550 SAT
sports, EC
total 7 APs incl sr year

received email and then checked portal

3 Likes

Is this for the Class of 2025 here? UMich dissects grades and inputs them into their own proprietary model. It’s a rhetorical question, but maybe the B’s were in a core subject (or subjects) or in her major that she applied to/for. The other possibility is that UMich may be unfamiliar with the HS and its grading system?

I don’t know, but that’s been the past experience here.

2 Likes

accepted!! uw 3.84, act 34

1 Like

In my Wolverine access in “financial aid award summary” why does it say “No self-service access for this aid year” next to 2022? Does everyone have this?

i think they are sending out aid with acceptance packet

Does everyone have that in their Wolverine access? Or is it only for people who got accepted?