University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

DD got in!! OOS, ACT 34, GPA 3.8ish, lots of AP’s, EC’s, varsity sport, 2 generation legacy. She is thrilled!!

2 Likes

Accepted
College of Engineering
OOS, international from Hong Kong
1520 SAT
IB predicted 44
ECs: activities in STEM, art and academics which had international / national awards & honours

All the best to my deferred friends; I see a lot of seniors with excellent grades deferred; I think it’s only due to universities protecting their yield. Eventually all of us will get in the 1or 2 universities we want.

3 Likes

Accepted LSA - In state
3.95 unweighted, 4.64 weighted
1500 SAT
IB diploma candidate, 3 APs
Founded nonprofit, NHS
Two varsity sports
Go blue :sunglasses:

2 Likes

DS was accepted to CoE OOS
3.94 UW
ACT 35 (M35/S36/E35/R33) Took in Sep 2019 one sitting
NMSF in California
Good ECs
Good essay

2 Likes

Just found out My DS also accepted to UT Austin engineering.

3 Likes

Wow! Congratulations, UT Austin results are out.

My son applied as RD but early notification, he saw he was accepted in his portal. He hasn’t received UT Austin official acceptance email yet.

There is a Facebook page for students of the class of 2025 to meet each other.

2 Likes

Do you know the name of the group? Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks. I will let my daughter know. She is so excited about her acceptance to LS&A but now we wait for Ross!

I’ll let him know! And yes, we are frugal immigrants, and it’ll prob come down to money ;).

YEAH BIG SHOUTOUT TO @sushiritto and @Knowsstuff. You guys were great and so helpful!

16 Likes

That’s very nice. Just let us know if you have more questions or help. Congratulations on your acceptance… Go Blue!

3 Likes

how likely is it that AOs couldn’t read through every application and just deferred all the ones they couldn’t? i saw so many people speculating this on reddit but i just feel like there’s no way it’s true since it would be so unethical… and i remember reading something an AO said about how they would never do that because there could even be legal implications. idk what do you guys think?

1 Like

Congratulations, only senior with a scholarship award; at least based on the cc thread. That’s quite awesome credentials - 3 patents! Wow

Did the scholarship award come with the admit letter and did you have to apply separately.

1 Like

got into UT Austin today (OOS, Im from PA). Should I still have hope after a deferral ??

^^ btw super grateful for the UT Austin acceptance. Definitely one of my top choices. I just meant bc they are similar for an OOS

This theory has been suggested for years. One independent college counselor recommended that we submit as early as possible for this reason, and we did back in early November. Maybe they have read through every application but they may not have been able to reach a final decision on all of them, so off they go into the RD pile.

Parents of accepted students: I would recommend that a parent or a group of parents come together and make a Facebook group for 2025 students. The ones that are appearing now are run by overseas companies that want to get info on students and use it. They will start making posts to ask students for their Instagram accounts and Snapchat accounts. I’m not sure exactly what they do with all of the data that they mine but, a couple years ago some parents made a group for the students instead of the ones that just appear. Also watch for the groups “College and University” or “Humans for College”. A group run by parents or a group of students who want to start one is much safer and better run.

6 Likes

Was their more than one type of “postpone”?

Meaning did some get asked for more info and others did not?

Thanks.

Hey!:frowning: I also got a scholarship. I got a full ride!

6 Likes