University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Happens every year.

Yep! I got the same thing - a full ride a few months ago. Congrats!

2 Likes

One specifically requests senior grades in order to finish the evaluation. The other is a standard postpone/defer that doesn’t require senior grades in order to receive a final decision, but they can still be submitted.

1 Like

All students from our school and surrounding schools in our community who got accepted EA were legacy. Many overly qualified students were postponed in the same pool with students who have much lower GPA’s and SAT/ACT’s which is the frustrating part. Do you think they will now all have to wait until April or does it come out in various waves over the next few months?

2 Likes

Love your goal to start a program on mental health needs for gifted children. No doubt Michigan did too (plus of course all of your ECs). Congrats!

1 Like

Accepted!!!
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a Wolverine Access account.

My friend still hasn’t gotten a decision. It still has the page that says that their application is still being reviewed. Does anyone else have this same problem/know what my friend should do?

She she get her app in by the ea deadline? Or is she in the rd pool?

Yep - the page says they’ll hear back in a few business days… wondering if it was a glitch?

Accepted
International Student (Indonesia)
IB 44/45 (Math, Physics, Econs HL)
SAT 1440
SAT Subject Tests 800, 800, 780

1 Like

does anyone know when umich sends out financial aid notices?

What is the difference between postponement and deferral?

1 Like

They are same

1 Like

You are very helpful to everyone. Thanks a lot. Can you please help in knowing that how many deferred students they accept in RD.

I saw one that was run by Humans for College. Is that a “good” one or a not good one?

Well in theory only half the class accepts during EA… I am at work and can discuss later. @sushiritto might have those numbers.

At some point we got to make a RD thread and discuss over there.

1 Like

Just my 2 cents, my D had to choose between GATech/ UT/ Mich last year and she chose UM for Engg-CS. As you said, it was a no brainer. My elder one graduated as an international student from UM -Engg-CS in this pandemic . The UOf M engineering repute opened prestigious new grad jobs , he had 6 offers. He chose one of the FAANG offers in Bay Area.
U of M is just fantastic, proud to be mom to 2 Wolverines.
Go blue.

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

I got deferred:( but congrats!!!

1 Like

Interesting! Do they accept 50% of an entire class in EA round? Or 50% of those who applied in EA? also do you know if there were any statistics for EA for Umich as to how many applications they received in EA and what is the admissions rate in EA vs RD, especially this year? Also LSA vs CoE, etc?