University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Does anyone know when the next batch of decisions will be released? Will it be at the same time as RD applicants?

probably later this month for the first batch

My son has 4.0 GPA, SAT 1560, NHS semifinal list. Deferred by Ross. Anyone has any idea of the chance after the deferral? When can we hear the final decision? So frustrated. Thanks!

I’d like to know the name of the group too!

So he was deferred by his home school? RD (regular Decisions) in the past followed the Ross release on their website. Think the next one is mid Feb.

what do you mean by “start a conversation w/them” re: Fin. aid? I was under the impression U of M doesn’t really offer much in that regard? Who do you call to inquire about this? TY!

I thought postponed applicants were placed into the RD pool? Does it depend on what school they applied for?

The regular decision pool is rolling admissions, at least for deferred applicants

2 Likes

My DS was accepted to UMich engineering, I reread his essay that he did write “Go Blue” in the end of his supplemental essay. :joy:

All deferred/postponed applicants are considered RD now.

The 1st Ross decisions will be released Friday 2/19 at 5:00 PM EST.

1 Like

Son was deferred to College of Engineering. Question for the group - since applications were due Nov 15 and first semester senior grades were only received by Michigan admissions in ~mid Jan, how likely is it that first semester grades were looked at as part of the EA decision (for cases where it mattered) ? Just thinking that it would require a well orchestrated process to potentially re-review applicants in late Jan if a first review was done in Nov or Dec. Thank you.

No we are oos. thanks!

It’s a myth that Michigan doesn’t give OOS financial aid. Many are getting $20-35,000/year. It all depends on your financial situation. Talk to the financial aid office…

1 Like

Almost every correspondence you will ever have with anyone from Michigan typically ends with… Go Blue…

Does every student admitted to LSA receive an email invitation to apply for honors?

There is an Instagram page for class of 2025. It’s cute. The kids are introducing themselves.

1 Like

Honestly wild. SAME STATS nearly – 1540 SAT, NMSF, 4.0 GPA. Deferred! It’s very frustrating and off-putting honestly because MANY kids from our school with lower stats overall were accepted.

2 Likes

We will check it out…thanks! Do you happen to know if it’s private or hosted by the university?

https://sites.lsa.umich.edu/applytohonors/deadlines-requirements/#:~:text=Do%20I%20need%20to%20be,wait%20for%20such%20a%20letter.

This should answer that.

So in short, Yes.

Does anyone have any insight about Shipman scholars?