University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

https://scholarships.engin.umich.edu/sidney-j-and-irene-shipman-scholarship/

Thanks !
I was wondering if notifications are delete this year?

Do students get better housing the earlier they apply? Mine is considering MRADS learning community but not sure. Just exploring. Thanks!

Did you show demonstrated interest towards your major? I don’t really think Michigan yield protects.

No. But if you know what you want might as well apply and get it done… The living communities are great.

1 Like

How to Apply | U-M LSA Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars (MRADS).

Thanks! He is definitely leaning towards that. Seems like a mix of kids (all different majors) plus close to tennis. It also seemed like a way to have community without sucking the fun out of college. His goal is research so it lines up. But it could also be fun to just roll the dice and see what you get.
Thanks for the link and the reply.

Np. All those communities add some unique experiences. I think it’s a great way to get involved. My son runs a student org on campus and they get together weekly. Even in the pandemic it gives the student as a sense of community and they have fun. Most important thing for everyone going to any college. Get involved with things you have an interest in. At Michigan it can lead to fun but also internships etc.

Good Luck to your son.

Did UMich reject anyone Early Action or were all non-admits just deferred?. Trying to determine if there is any good or real chance of being accepted after Deferred. Does anyone have any info or stats regarding this?

Yes. Small sample size here on CC, but here’s the CC poll where 7 posters recorded rejections.

Does Michigan track demonstrated interest for deferred applicants?
Thanks

Yes… Not sure about tracking but write your LOCI

Any idea about how they decide who to ask for the 250 word essay and who they don’t?
Thanks

No idea.

But I’ll take a wild guess and say that maybe the admissions computer algorithm spit out postponed candidates that UMich feels are more likely to have better options? I think they’re maybe trying to gauge an applicant’s level of continued interest in UMich.

Seriously, just a stab in the dark based on absolutely nothing. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Does anyone know how long it will be until we find out our financial aid packages? Do they come out at once or randomly?

Understanding Your Offer | Financial Aid | University of Michigan(for%20all%20students,be%20available%20on%20October%201.

I thought I heard Mid Feb to March… But call the office. They are nice people :telephone_receiver:

1 Like

That’s an interesting theory. I hear your point about it being a stab in the dark but would appreciate if you could elaborate.

So are you saying that it’s possible those applicants they believe to have better options probably aren’t asked to write the essay. And those applicants that they might see Michigan as a more realistic choice are asked to write the essay?

I think that sushiritto meant otherwise. People, who they believe may have other and maybe better options actually ARE asked to write an essay. This is a way of checking if they are still interested in the school while having other options (They are checking if UMich is still their top choice). This is kinda a “yield protection”. Why admit students who may actually already be accepted by their first-choice school and won’t even write a LOCI.

This is also just my guess and elaboration.

This seems correct to me. My high stat daughter was deferred and the LOCI was mentioned as an option.

Thanks so much for your input. Your message makes sense and is very helpful.