University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Hahaha that’s why I said it’s hard to keep it to 250 words!! Especially if you have any honors/awards to add. It can be a lot of info!

1 Like

you ain’t kidding…would give a UMICH acceptance for a franchise quarterback at the Bears. Will it EVER happen… C.mon Virginia, open your wallet

1 Like

I called the office of admissions, and they told me that I need a deposit fee waiver, and that I can apply for it after I get my financial aid processed.

When i spoke to FinAid yesterday, they indicated that aid packages will be notified within about 2-4 weeks (depending on the school). There is a coordination amongst the various schools and admissions to get those numbers finalized. This, of course, is assuming that your FAFSA and CSS were submitted, which i confirmed had been received back in October

1 Like

@hmmnotsure1 Haha well they did try to get Stafford, but didn’t pay enough!

If we (Chicago), just picked those other 2 Qbs instead. We would be on our 4th Superbowl now… Or at least that what’s talk radio in Chicago says :radio::joy: :football:… OK back to the serious stuff.

Has UM published any statistics on the class of 2025, such as:

Total number of EA applications
Number accepted, deferred and denied
Interquartile GPA and SAT/ACT for accepted
Total number of regular admission applications?

Thank you.

Nope.

1 Like

@GoBlueinAtlanta - i really don’t think they’ll release that data until after the current cycle. I know some smaller schools begin to release it once EA notification dates have passed, but given RD application deadlines were Feb 1st (days ago), I don’t believe they’ll release those until after the RD/Deferral dates in late March at the earliest

Thanks for the response. UGA provided total applicants, # accepted, # rejected, # deferred and IQ range for GPA and SAT/ACT immediately after early action decisions were announced. GATech released data on total applications and percentage accepted (at least for in-state). I am curious to see that data for UM, UT-Austin, UNC-CH (EA complete) and UVA, UCLA and UC-B yet to come.

I bet it will be close to years past. Can’t see them diverging much. They really don’t have to.

Typically, they’ll post the admissions profile/data on their website around June/July.

I know UMich hasn’t and won’t post EA results, but based on previous years/what you have heard, what percentage of EA applicants are postponed/deferred?

One insider here posted that there was a 16% increase in EA apps, so around 46,000 EA apps. Another person who has a friend in admissions posted that UMich received 67,000 EA apps. So, what do you pick as your denominator? Personally, I think 46,000 EA apps makes more sense.

What I do know is that, in the past, they’ve accepted around 7,500-8,000 EA apps. But did they accept fewer or more EA apps this year? They do reject EA apps, but no one knows the rejection rate for EA.

Calls for a lot of speculation.

1 Like

Yeah I guess it’s just a lot of speculation. I’m just curious because by the amount of people on here who have said they also received a deferral, my confidence in getting admitted has decreased.

An email that her AO sent my daughter said over 52 K EA Apps.

Keep your chin up. Many students will withdraw based on historical yield.

UMich Yield is 45.9% which means only 1 in 2 accepted applicants will join. So after Apr 6 (ivy date) many spots will open up.

Agree that “They really don’t have to.” I am curious to see if they experienced the same trend as the top privates and flagship state schools with a huge increase in applications. Increased applications and a high number of deferrals from last year is resulting in markedly lower early acceptance rates. Harvard early action acceptance dropped from 13% to below 7%.

Michigan habitually defers the bulk of people until RD rounds because they’re a big school that cares about their yield. This includes deferring high stats kids especially so there is no way to predict whether you will be admitted or not based on who has already been accepted unless your stats are way below the typical stats for UM and it was a huge reach.