University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

sure, thanks. just super nervous abt umich since it’s one of my top schools. I’m oos btw.

no, heard from a high school counselor in Michigan

Do you know how much Michigan cares about essays? Mine were low-key bad too.

2 Likes

Chance someone quickly chance me for Michigan?
W GPA) Around a 4.6
UW GPA) 3.94 (2 B’s throughout HS)
OOS

I will have taken 10 AP tests by the end of high school, and I have received mostly 5s and a couple 4s so far

AP Art History
AP Spanish Language
AP Psychology
APUSH
AP English Lang
AP Bio
APES
AP US Gov
AP English Lit
AP Stats

I have also taken 16 credits at local community colleges (a couple were dual enrollment but most were separated from any high school credit, and schools have received my transcripts for these classes. These classes include ones like JOUR 101, CHDV 104, ADJU 102, EDUC 100, etc (stuff that helped me with my extracurriculars.) I mentioned these classes and exactly why I took them in the activities section and sent official transcripts to Mich

Awards:

Seal of Biliteracy for Spanish
AP Scholar with Distinction
I have my WE Service capstone award
CSF Active Member (lol)
Presidential Volunteer Service Award

Some extracurriculars (I’m too lazy to explain them:)

-President of my city’s teen council this year and member for three years

-Chapter president for a STEM NPO (I write for the blog and have planned some international special events.)

-Social science tutor 5x a week for another nonprofit org (I also teach weekly philosophy group classes on there)

-I have my own curriculum business with 50+ clients and international volunteers

-I have my own philosophy podcast series

-I was a library beautifier and summer reading program ambassador

-I tutored low-income children on their reading comprehension skills <3

-I am on the student advisory board for an app (it is pretty well known but I don’t wanna name drop it because then people will know who I am lol.) I also run important social groups on the app

-I am one of the founders of the No Place for Hate club sector at my school (a part of the anti-defamatory league.) We are a student driven teacher ran club. Last year, I led all of our programs but now I write about us for my community newsletter. It spread to my whole city and all the schools so pretty cool.

-Community college classes is another EC I mentioned

-I did student senate (a sector of ASB at my school.)

Looks great but OOS is always tough and very competitive.

2 Likes

@stressed2study You look like a very strong applicant, but I have to ask-- how in the world did you have time to do all of those things?? Well done.

This is kinda deep but I used a lot of them as distractions to get away from family life and school lol. I had an awful high school experience :,)

1 Like

yes ugh. My essays were not the best which will hurt me

2 Likes

@stressed2study Aww I’m sorry to hear that. Just think, 8 months from now you will enjoy new beginnings! A change of scenery will be nice I bet.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

Regarding this admission cycle being “test flexible,” what are people’s thoughts about UM eventually requesting some form of a test score (let’s say if you are deferred or apply RD)? I’m assuming many applicants will eventually be asked to produce something even if it’s AP scores or the state SAT, which took place in Oct.

Thoughts appreciated.

This was super helpful thank you!

You can send those now. Reread their admission website. If you got something that will make a noticeable difference send it in and it will be put in your file.

UMich Admissions tweeted this message out yesterday:

I am actually more curious if people think some applicants will be asked to produce a test score eventually/before a decision is rendered in light of the “test flexible” vs. “test optional” language.

Doubtful, however, they make it clear they prefer a test score, any score be sent with your application. Can’t imagine they will later ask for one. If anything, maybe it will push someone to a deferred pile but don’t think they can say you have to provide a test score if they’re test flexible.

If deferred, they may or may not request your 1st semester grades, that’ll depend on which letter of deferral you’ll receive. And that assumes this year will be like others in the past.

IMO, I doubt they’ll specifically request a test score, if one was not provided previously, since that time has passed already. They may ask for any new enlightening information to be provided to them, such as new awards or EC leadership position(s), etc.

Absolutely not as stated. Get ready to send current grades as mentioned but not anything like that but… If you were deferred and you have a test to send the then that might be useful. Your telling a story about yourself. If it helps your story then great.

are in state decisions released before OOS or do they all come at the same time?

All at the same time. At least in the past.

1 Like