University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I wasn’t the one who mentioned that all deferred CoE applicants received a HAIL interview email. I don’t know if every deferred CoE candidate for that HAIL interview this year.

is it known for certain that all deferred and RD engineering applicants were sent an email regarding an interview. My son was deferred engineering and did not receive an email to request an interview…So wondering if it is random or perhaps should reach out to admissions?

All of this information is on the Michigan website.

Only some people get the Hail interview not everyone.

https://umich.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/71/~/interviews-are-not-part-of-the-admissions-process

thanks. that is what i thought, but it was mentioned in another post that all deferred engineering applicants received an email to request an interview…

This is the post by @srparent15 from above, where it mentions the HAIL interviews.

Personally I have no clue. My D is in LSA.

Well that is why you gotta use their source. Also check out old threads on CC that I actually posted up above somewhere and Reddit. Lots of information over there about these interviews and some old interviewers on their also.
. The gist is they can only help and never hurt you.

Is there any way I can see my financial aid award as an admitted student?

Not known for certain, but so far everyone we know got it. I would have him check his spam. It was a pretty generic email. I recall with my other kids, a lot of the UM emails went to spam.

@stressed2study - i think many/most people are still awaiting those awards. The AO response was that assuming that both the FAFSA/CSS profiles were submitted by priority deadline of Dec 15, and you were admitted 1-29 (through first EA notices), then you should receive a financial aid package within 2-4 weeks (dependent on which school - CoE, Ross, Stamps, etc - as they all coordinate with OFA on their particular criteria)

2 Likes

I was accepted LSA EA and did preferred admission to Ross. I’m in state and sent in my app at the end of October. Should I expect to hear back from Ross the FEB 19 release date since I got in EA?

Chance we see a wave tomorrow?

3 Likes

I’m not expecting a wave tomorrow. Maybe 2/19 after Ross decisions.

Not necessarily. It can be from today to Mid April. But hopefully it will be on the 19th :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe call the school and ask. But everything I know it’s still Random more or less. Your school is most likely a feeder school and that can be the difference…

For the ECI, is it too bold to explicitly say you will attend UM if admitted or is that a no-brainer?

It’s not a no brainer, so if you will definitely attend if admitted, absolutely put it. When my son was writing his LOCI for his ED school he put that, for UM he wasn’t going to lie so his wording was slightly different.

1 Like

While I do think waitlists will be very active this year because of increased application numbers, Michigan RD will be out before Ivy day (and certainly before early May when you have to tell the Ivies) so spots won’t open up RD. Michigan, like all schools, makes offers based on expected yield. So if they expect a yield of 45.9 percent, they would make around 2.22 offers for every spot and use the waitlist to adjust for errors in their estimating.

Is the LSA four year renewable scholarship worth applying for? How competitive is it? I don’t want to spend a ton of time writing the required essays for it only to get little to no money.

Yes, yes, yes… It’s hard to get. The Shipman deadline was yesterday but there is the Bell and others. Not sure which your talking about. I helped a friend’s daughter navigate the Shipman last night. Only like 44 people get it. She knows the likely hood is very slim but some 44 people are getting it so why not her. She is applying to whatever Michigan has. Think it’s one app for a chance of the other scholarships. So if you don’t want the money I will tell her, her chances just went up… :joy:… But you won’t know until you apply.

I thought the Shipman was invite only?