University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

I’m helping a friend out with theirs, I’m not writing one, so I just wanted to confirm.

Sorry, need to get coffee now. :coffee:… Didn’t mean to harp on you. Just write of any updates and how Michigan is the correct college for their interests. Don’t over think it. The Loci will NOT be the reason your friends accepted or not… Good Luck.

1 Like

Yes, it was the first version of the prompt for the LOCI, while it was deleted quickly. Some people may not even have noticed it at all if they hadn’t been persistently refreshing the portal in the first moments :slight_smile: As @Knowsstuff suggested, the key is to show your genuine interest and some progresses if you have.

I just wanted to clarify, if we got deferred our decision will come with regular decision right?

Ross decisions are expected today at 5 pm (first wave)

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help!

Thank you, no worries!

I thought deferral decisions were being released in waves…? I could be wrong tho

Oh really? I have no clue so I was just asking

It sounds like they have previously come in waves & hopefully will this year. Deferred EA applicants are considered RD now so everyone is lumped together & everyone will find out decisions together by early April. But that could mean that we all (Deferred EA & RD) find out tonight or next week or next month. I’m hoping it is like previous years & there are several waves leading up to the decision deadline of early April - fingers crossed we hear tonight!

1 Like

What time was it at in previous years? Should we start looking at 3:00 again?

Based on the posts last year, there were a wave on Feb. 28 and another one on Mar. 27, both around 3pm EST.

For everyone wondering about the prompt change for postponed applicants, I had a little issue when I submitted mine, but when my school department called Michigan Admissions, they explained that it was a genuine mistake posting that prompt and that it was not meant for this year. With that said, they told us that if you happened to submit your LOCI early under the mistake prompt, you are okay and it is totally fine. As long as they know what you’re answering.

Considering we just received the HAIL interview info last week and the deadline to sign up for one was 2/14 and my son hasn’t heard anything since, but they did say they will be going on until 3/21 I would find it funny if they suddenly started accepting deferred Engineering applicants. Unless of course those were ones that either had HAIL interviews already or were never offered them. Or didn’t sign up. If anyone is admitted today that had been deferred, it would be great if you add that piece of info re the HAIL interview.

They had that up initially but then replaced it with something more generic. I don’t think it’s a good idea to tell people to write about the now-deleted prompt. Just have them follow what it there.

1 Like

No, I’m not trolling. My son’s application says saved but not submitted and there’s a button to view but not to edit. He called UMich yesterday and they opened a ticket and said they would forward it to IT.Also said that they will send a request to scholarship people to see if they would let him email his essays directly. We haven’t heard back from anyone yet, and will try again on Monday.

1 Like

last year did the rolling RD decisions correlate w the ross decision dates?

Yes. That’s why people speculate today might be the first wave.

According to their blog, Ross decisions will be released after 5:00 EST. Does that mean we shouldn’t check for EA decisions until then? Or is it totally different?

last year ea came out around 3:30 ish to 3:50