University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Did anyone receive an email from the UM president about reopening plans?

2 Likes

It went out to the students today. It just be on their website. But their back in the fall. Think 75 % live classes. I am sure they will adjust as the virus allows. April 5th in Michigan everyone 16 or older can sign up to get vaccinated… That is huge…

Or this… Lol.

I meant like is there anyone who didn’t receive that email, because it said:

“While you await a decision on your application, I am eager to let you know of our plans for a return to a more traditional and residential fall semester for our Ann Arbor campus.”

So i was wondering if it signaled any odds

We also got the email though my kid got in during Jan release.

1 Like

I got one and I’m deferred. I haven’t heard about anyone not getting one, but I’ve also only talked to one person about it lol

1 Like

I have not gotten one, and I am currently postponed.

Son is postponed - no email about reopening plans.

i got in during the jan release and didn’t get the email, I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

I was postponed and have not gotten one either…

Son is postponed and he received an email around 5CST from UM President announcing a “Responsible Return to a Residential Fall Semester at Michigan”. It would be really meaningful if he were admitted.

My son just got his email from the UM President at 6:44 pm CST.

I’m postponed EA and I just got the email 4 minutes ago

1 Like

We are postponed and got the email about re-opening plans. Does it mean anything or just mass communication to everyone?

1 Like

No idea. I just wanted to see if it was a mass email or if some people didn’t get it.

Hey everyone I just wanted to explain some new info I found out today. So currently I am a deferred EA applicant, and I did not hear back last Friday. Now places like here were telling a lot of us that this is not a good sign and that we should start looking at other options, and while I think that advice was honest and well-intended, some new info might give people more hope. My entire guidance department had a call with Michigan admissions today discussing last Friday and the situation for deferred EA applicants. The rep said that there are still thousands of deferred EA applicants, and they plan on accepting many of them (obviously did not state a percent). He also stated that the pool that heard back on Friday was very selective, and was not a large percentage of the deferred EA pool that they will admit. His words not mine. They also stated that they simply cannot release many decisions at once due to the influx of applications, so if you have not heard back, that is NOT reflective of where you stand on their deferral list - they just might not have even reviewed you. I wish this gives everyone who hasn’t heard back some hope, because this year is crazy, so we shouldn’t be too discouraged if we are yet to hear back.

28 Likes

I figured. I’ve held very good faith with UM and their admissions department. I think they are doing the best they can and giving everyone a fair shot, and I really appreciate them working hard to ensure all these people can be holistically reviewed.

Waiting sucks, but fairness matters more. I’m hoping a lot of us on here get accepted, I’m praying and definitely trusting the system on this. My parents have been super impatient and have begun to think all this length of waiting has diminished my shot, but I’ve tried to tell them that it’s simply the influx of applications and the process playing out. I’m glad to know I was right.

Thanks for updating us on this! Super insightful.

9 Likes

Ok so regarding that email about Michigan reopening in the fall, it seems like everyone got one…but at two different times. I think the first “wave” was sent out at 6:00 est and the second was at 7:44 est (which is when I got mine). The only question remains is whether the timing of the email has any indication on application status. Any thoughts or input?

I can’t imagine that they would waste time separately sending the email to the people they planned to admit compared to deny. The difference in time could have just been because of location or some other factor.

5 Likes

@avb5151 Thank you for passing this information along, very reassuring to hear.

2 Likes